Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Robinson, the benefit of the claw designs is to tuck the grip with minimal belt line bulge, it isn't gun specific, it is more body type and/or dressing around the gun specific. My advice is to get the neoprene wedge over the extra tuck. Most will find it more comfortable, and our wedges will last for years without breaking down. Plus, they are scalable by you if you find them too big when you get them, and they can be moved up or down or even turned sideways to get them to fit you. Hope that helps, thanks.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the wedge. Definitely worth the extra few $$.
    Haven't used the "pad" since the day I installed the wedge.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Robinson, the benefit of the claw designs is to tuck the grip with minimal belt line bulge, it isn't gun specific, it is more body type and/or dressing around the gun specific. My advice is to get the neoprene wedge over the extra tuck. Most will find it more comfortable, and our wedges will last for years without breaking down. Plus, they are scalable by you if you find them too big when you get them, and they can be moved up or down or even turned sideways to get them to fit you. Hope that helps, thanks.
    Yes that helps. Just curious -- could a wedge be fitted to the AIWB I already have? I don't have problems with my Commander printing, maybe I don't really need the claw?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just did 24h of driving (Denver -> Missoula -> Denver) with a wing claw 2.5 (either G19 or Shield). Passes that comfort test with flying colors.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Just did 24h of driving (Denver -> Missoula -> Denver) with a wing claw 2.5 (either G19 or Shield). Passes that comfort test with flying colors.
    Is the wing claw helping with that comfort? If yes, in what way?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Is the wing claw helping with that comfort? If yes, in what way?
    I find it helps keep the butt of the pistol "up" and away from my body, vs. digging into my gut when I am leaned over the steering wheel. Just my guess anyway - I was too busy focusing on driving (and not the holster - a good sign!).

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yes that helps. Just curious -- could a wedge be fitted to the AIWB I already have? I don't have problems with my Commander printing, maybe I don't really need the claw?
    Robinson, if you mean a Neoprene Wedge yes, you can get a Neoprene Wedge in the Belt loops/Accessories section of the website. They ship out every couple days. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I saw that it was offered with guard options for mid, full or none. From what I read the material could always be removed if one opted for the mid or full guard initially. Has anyone here had problems with either the middle or full guard impeding a full fighting grip or has that not interfered at all for you?
    Thanks
    Last edited by glockmasterflex; 09-13-2017 at 08:56 AM.

I like a full guard on all my holsters, it helps keep shirt and other things out of the way when reholstering. I have an IWB #3 with a mid guard and find it to be a PITA to use on the range.

I've never noticed the full guard messing with my grip at all. My thumb just rides outside the holster until the pistol clears it. This is with all types of pistols and holsters, IWB and OWB.
    Last edited by M2CattleCo; 09-13-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glockmasterflex View Post
    I saw that it was offered with guard options for mid, full or none. From what I read the material could always be removed if one opted for the mid or full guard initially. Has anyone here had problems with either the middle or full guard impeding a full fighting grip or has that not interfered at all for you?
    Thanks
    I go with middle or no guard. No issue with the middle guard.

User Tag List