Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    James, i don't sell the metal clips, but I believe they are 1" on center hole pattern, which is the same as my normal hole pattern. Thanks
    Thanks, I was thinking of trying a clip like on the J-frame universal you made me a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by James_f View Post
    Thanks, I was thinking of trying a clip like on the J-frame universal you made me a while back.
    Tony - any thoughts on an AIWB with a mag carrier? Trendy? Inherently flawed?

chingy98, not a fan. Usually too wide, liable to feel like you are carrying a piece of plywood. How do you use the restroom without taking it off? Can negate tuck features if it doesn't fit your body. Lots of negatives to be able to "grab and go" your pistol and extra mag. You can do the same thing with a dedicated aiwb mag pouch and holster .....IMHO without all the negatives and it will probably conceal better and be more comfortable!

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    For whatever it's worth, I've been carrying either a 9mm Glock or an M&P Shield in a JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 since I got these holsters in the late Spring and can't imagine going back to another design. Really is the ideal combination of comfort and concealability. I got one for my shield as a deep carry waistline option in places where CCW is legally permitted but socially uncomfortable.... I wear slim fitting t-shirts 99 days/100 here in the CO summertime and have had zero issues with concealment. None. Basically the holster I wish had existed when I first got my CCW permit in 2010... Can't say enough good things!
    Last edited by Nephrology; 08-24-2017 at 03:24 PM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    I have one on order now to see how I like it vs. the Claw 1.0 I'm using with my 17 and 19's right now.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Well, I've been carrying in a Wing Claw 2.5 for about 3 months now (G17 with PTD loops and the pad) and I don't think I'm going back. Having lost some of the reserve carbohydrate storage, AIWB works really well for me now. Since getting to South Florida/Northern South America, I've been to a shedload of social events where my presence was requested by SWMBO and the G19/WC 2.5 and GL9-21/AIWB Mag Carrier went with me every time. My usual attire is cargo shorts (much to the wife's chagrin) and some sort of button down/polo shirt and everything disappears. Comfortable, good retention, and great concealment. Only issue is when the toddler tries to pull my shirt up. Yikes!

I'm thinking about getting one for a G34 and seeing how far I can push the envelope on carrying a full size pistol. I'm thinking about getting a wedge to try out and do some fine tuning, but I'm 90% there. Nicely done, Tony. I'll be putting in another order soon . . . just have to see if it's going to be for a G34 or P30L.

Site Supporter
    Tony... quick question. I just received my AIWB wing claw 2.5 in the mail last week. It's the best holster for my Glock 19 I'm ever had. Thank you. Now my question... to adjust the retention of the holster, I assume I need to loose the top screw, correct? When I try to loosen it, the backing fastener rotates along with it. I noticed there's a shallow slot in that back faster. Is that meant to a screw driver of some sort to keep it from rotating? If not, what's the best way to adjust the retention? Thanks.

Chris

Anybody using a 2.5 for a G21? If so how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    Tony... quick question. I just received my AIWB wing claw 2.5 in the mail last week. It's the best holster for my Glock 19 I'm ever had. Thank you. Now my question... to adjust the retention of the holster, I assume I need to loose the top screw, correct? When I try to loosen it, the backing fastener rotates along with it. I noticed there's a shallow slot in that back faster. Is that meant to a screw driver of some sort to keep it from rotating? If not, what's the best way to adjust the retention? Thanks.

Chris
    Chris, the reason it is rotating is we apply VC3 on our screws before we use them. VC3 is a resettable Loctite so you can adjust retention yourself but still keep the screw from backing out. Usually you can push hard enough on the slotted backer (Chicago screw) to keep it from turning, if not just use a flat blade screwdriver.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Okay I've been carrying a Lightweight Commander in a JMCK AIWB for a while now and mostly I like it a lot. So far the only downside is that the extra tuck gets a bit uncomfortable after a couple of hours. This thread has me considering the WC 2.5.

To Tony: do you think the Lwt Cmdr is a good candidate for the WC 2.5?

To WC 2.5 owners: are you getting good concealment and comfort without the extra tuck?

Is the pad option strictly for comfort or does it also help tuck the grip in?

Thanks!

User Tag List