Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Thinking of getting this holster to compliment my other JM AWIB. I am currently using the pull the dot loops, leaning towards the belt clip for this holster, has anyone tried the clip and if so, how has it been?

Thanks
    Steve

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve m View Post
    Thinking of getting this holster to compliment my other JM AWIB. I am currently using the pull the dot loops, leaning towards the belt clip for this holster, has anyone tried the clip and if so, how has it been?

Thanks
    Steve
    I have one on order with the clip. Hopefully I can tell you soon™
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Steve M and RoyGBiv (and anyone else for that matter) here is the scoop on belt loops.

The Clip pros: Easy on/off, very concealable, durable injection molded construction.
    The Clip cons: anything that easy on, is that easy off should you get into a dust up/wrestling match/grappling situation on the street. I always try and talk people out of the clips for this very reason, but at the end of the day it's your choice to make. (something you can do with these if you have belt with a tail on it is put a piece of Velcro on the face of the clip and pull the tail across the face of the clip, much more stable and secure that way) Allows some rotational movement of the holster on the belt (may be a good thing for some)

The Split Loop Pros: Bomb proof injection molded Nylon 6 material, figure eight hole pattern for small ride height or cant adjustments, holds holster in stable position.
    The Split Loop Cons: Have to thread it on and off belt (not a biggie for AIWB usually), may print a bit on smaller people or those who don't want to dress around the gun somewhat.

The Pull the Dot Loops Pros: Bomb proof construction, quick on/off but still stable, can be "snugged" up on belt for a tighter belt to loop fit (I use the 1.25" hole for 1.5" belts, frequent flyer and aegis non-enhanced)
    can change belts to a bigger/smaller size and still use the same loops (considering you don't trim the tops). Very minimal rotational movement when tightened up on belt.
    The Pull the Dot Loops Cons: Some say snaps print, some have trouble using them as quick on/off (this is a procedural problem, do the same steps every time to use them and they are fast to take on and off)

This is a condensed version, but it hits the major points. It is also the exact same thing I tell customers that call me about it. These are also my opinions on it, YMMV.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Tony,

Thanks for the response. Think I have my mind made up, now to convince my better half that i need another holster.

I put in an order for the split loops (I've been threading my belt through the pull the dots anyway.) looking forward to trying them out. You do great work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Placed my order this morning. Have a business trip this week and back on Friday. Here's hoping I've got a surprise in the mailbox!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Steve M and RoyGBiv (and anyone else for that matter) here is the scoop on belt loops.

The Clip pros: Easy on/off, very concealable, durable injection molded construction.
    The Clip cons: anything that easy on, is that easy off should you get into a dust up/wrestling match/grappling situation on the street. I always try and talk people out of the clips for this very reason, but at the end of the day it's your choice to make. (something you can do with these if you have belt with a tail on it is put a piece of Velcro on the face of the clip and pull the tail across the face of the clip, much more stable and secure that way) Allows some rotational movement of the holster on the belt (may be a good thing for some)

The Split Loop Pros: Bomb proof injection molded Nylon 6 material, figure eight hole pattern for small ride height or cant adjustments, holds holster in stable position.
    The Split Loop Cons: Have to thread it on and off belt (not a biggie for AIWB usually), may print a bit on smaller people or those who don't want to dress around the gun somewhat.

The Pull the Dot Loops Pros: Bomb proof construction, quick on/off but still stable, can be "snugged" up on belt for a tighter belt to loop fit (I use the 1.25" hole for 1.5" belts, frequent flyer and aegis non-enhanced)
    can change belts to a bigger/smaller size and still use the same loops (considering you don't trim the tops). Very minimal rotational movement when tightened up on belt.
    The Pull the Dot Loops Cons: Some say snaps print, some have trouble using them as quick on/off (this is a procedural problem, do the same steps every time to use them and they are fast to take on and off)

This is a condensed version, but it hits the major points. It is also the exact same thing I tell customers that call me about it. These are also my opinions on it, YMMV.
    That's a great summary, Tony!
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    After happily toting around a G19 for two days using the "pad", I swapped to the wedge. I bought the wedge thinking I'd never use it. Looked too odd and bulky, but figured it was worth a try given all the raves here about wedges (with this holster and others). Of course I loved it. The shape of the wedge spread out the holster-body contact over a larger area and the softness of the wedge was very conforming. Big like.

Of course the holster itself is terrific. The "wing claw" works perfectly.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Tony if we order a 2.5 with PTD, is it swappable to a metal clip?

James, i don't sell the metal clips, but I believe they are 1" on center hole pattern, which is the same as my normal hole pattern. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List