Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    2.5 with wedge, optic cut, dcc clips, mid guard and wing

How do you like the spare mag pouch with the Monoblock? Have you compared that to using the same pouch with a single DCC clip? I've been using the single clip for a while, but now I'm curious if the Monoblock offers any benefit on a mag carrier.

@Duces

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post! It does appear that AIWB holsters are for a slimmer build than mine. Much appreciate the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    How do you like the spare mag pouch with the Monoblock? Have you compared that to using the same pouch with a single DCC clip? I've been using the single clip for a while, but now I'm curious if the Monoblock offers any benefit on a mag carrier.
    Only had it a few days but I’m loving it. It stays put period. I also have a Dark Star mag pouch with loop and so far I’m liking this better. Big fan of dcc.

Sorry, I’ve never tried the single dcc clip version.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    The website lets you select the combination and add it to your cart.
    The normal hole pattern has ride height/cant adjustment and is the only hole pattern that works in conjunction with a red dot sight.

From JM's site, in the 2.5 description.
    I found,the devil's in the details.
    I've got one on order and would have
    gotten wide spacing, if available for RDS.
    The 2.0 with wide spacing is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    The normal hole pattern has ride height/cant adjustment and is the only hole pattern that works in conjunction with a red dot sight.

From JM's site, in the 2.5 description.
    I found,the devil's in the details.
    I've got one on order and would have
    gotten wide spacing, if available for RDS.
    The 2.0 with wide spacing is outstanding.
    I can’t seem to find that text on the description or the FAQs page. @Tony Mayer, is the wide-hole spacing compatible with a red dot cut?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I can’t seem to find that text on the description or the FAQs page. @Tony Mayer, is the wide-hole spacing compatible with a red dot cut?
    “ The Wing Claw 2.5 is a dedicated appendix carry holster that uses a claw (the Mod Wing) to rotate the grip into the body. It can be ordered with a normal hole pattern which can utilize our clips, split loop or pull the dot loops. The normal hole pattern has ride height/cant adjustment and is the only hole pattern that works in conjunction with a red dot sight.”

This was in the custom WC 2.5 description. I didn’t look to see if it was in the quick ship WC 2.5 description.

Jason

I do not think the wide hole spacing can work with a RDS cut.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    “ The Wing Claw 2.5 is a dedicated appendix carry holster that uses a claw (the Mod Wing) to rotate the grip into the body. It can be ordered with a normal hole pattern which can utilize our clips, split loop or pull the dot loops. The normal hole pattern has ride height/cant adjustment and is the only hole pattern that works in conjunction with a red dot sight.”

This was in the custom WC 2.5 description. I didn’t look to see if it was in the quick ship WC 2.5 description.

Jason
    You’re right. It’s listed in the description of the holster in the custom section. I was browsing the quick ship section and the description lacked this text. Thanks.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I just received a quick-ship JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 that I ordered for a G19 with full guard, RDS cut, wide hole spacing, PTD loops, and molded to accept a Streamlight TLR7.

The reason why I got the TLR version, despite the fact that I have no use for a WML on a CCW pistol, is I've heard from others that the greater surface area of the WML feature makes many AIWB holsters more comfortable.

I installed a Mastermind Tactics pillow and wore it while seated in a movie theater for a couple of hours yesterday. So far, it's the most comfortable AIWB holster I've tried, including a similarly fashioned Wing Claw 2.5, but without the WML feature, that I have for a G48.
    Last edited by Shawn Dodson; 04-03-2022 at 01:43 PM.

I'm just putting this here because the 2.5 happens to be the base for my new favorite clip setup in my constant search for "perfect." I also haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere.

I love the point of balance with a 2.0 using the single clip over the trigger guard. I prefer the double clip stability of a DCC 2.5, but with a grip-heavy gun I still get more rotation to grip side than I like. For me, using both clips on a 2.0 results in not enough flex and being harder to take on and off than I like. I've been oscillating between a 2.5 and single clip 2.0, not entirely happy with either.

Best of both worlds that I've liked a lot the past month or so is a 2.5 with two DCCs, but with one of the clips moved over the trigger guard where it would be for a 2.0. This gives me my two clips closer together for the perfect balance between stability and flex, but moves the pivot point over towards the gun's natural balance point.

For a lighter gun, I think I'd still be using a normal 2.5 layout. That worked really well for me before switching from polymer to a steel 1911.

*Note - you do need appropriate hardware to do this, as the parts for mounting the clip on the wing don't come with a 2.5.

Name:  2.0 2.5 Hybrid.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  26.9 KB

User Tag List