Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

JMCK CLAW 2.5

I recently purchased a new holster variant Tony at JM Custom Kydex is producing called the, "Claw 2.5." It uses the wonderful RCS claw to really twist the grip into the wearer's body, without having to use a, "wedge," build up around the trigger guard to facilitate concealment of the pistol butt. It works well. As I've leaned out in recent months, I've become more appreciative of less obtrusive holsters. I don't have any pictures of the holster being worn, because I don't think that's a really good indicator of concealment...it's not often I stand head on to someone and let them just peruse my physique. So I don't simulate that in front of the mirror. I find that in practical use though, the holster works great.

Through use, I can't get much show through or printing of the forward PTD strap, as many have complained of being a criticism of this holster's predecessors. I'm 6'4" and 260.

. Front view. I find the Claw really helps with, "rollout." The MP is a, "full size," carry piece, but putting it into a position of accessibility for me and my big mitts, makes it prone to roll out. I used to combat this by putting a big, THICK piece of foam on the body side of the rig, which, although not always comfortable, worked. This is a much thinner and more comfortable solution.

. Back, body side. Tony is calling these smaller neoprene wedges, "Neoprene Pads." I like that they accomplish the same thing as a bigger pad, but do so with less pressure, spread out over a wider area.

. Top view. The rig in its entirety is nary a hair bigger than the pistol itself. All good things.

This is a simpler rig for folks that don't want to go whole hog on the CLAW 2.0 rig, and thus it costs a bit less as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: it's actually the, "Wing Claw 2.5."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks interesting. It's hard to tell in the pic. Does the crease in the sight channel pull the outer(PTD) side closer to the sight than the body side? Thus tucking the PTD inward toward the body when compared to the 2.0?
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Paging Tony. How fast can I get one for a P2000?

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Paging Tony. How fast can I get one for a P2000?
    GreggW, we are putting these up on the website now, might have them up by end of day or at worst tomorrow. We also just changed our lead times yesterday to 6-7 weeks for custom work. If you want one, email me the specs and I can get you in the queue. Price is going to be $70.00 for black, add $4 or $8 depending on the color. Neo pads will be $10. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks for the review Sherman!!! Appreciate it.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Tony, which claw tucks more out of curiosity?
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Tony, which claw tucks more out of curiosity?
    I think the 2.0/2.5 claw does. The only reason in my opinion to get the original Wing Claw is if your leg is going to interfere with the dust cover portion of the pistol (which will probably only happen when you sit), other wise the 2.0 or 2.5 are better options, IMO.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

This looks like an excellent design. I'm hoping to get a P2000SK V2 soon. I like some extra length, does a P2000 holster fit the SK ok?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

User Tag List