Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Here goes learning something new.

I have a long 2.5 with wide hole pattern and pull the dots for my 43. I ordered it back in 2018 but haven’t carried with it since at the time I had too much excess gut skin for AIWB to be workable. (The downside of radical weight loss, I’m down 180 and have been maintaining it for years.)

Since then I had surgery to remove the excess skin, and I can really try AIWB. I suspect I’ll need to play around with wedge size and holster positioning to find what works for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 Light-Bearing

I'm looking for a holster for my VP9 Optics Ready with RMR and TLR-7a... I would like to run DCC Standard or Universal Mod 4 Clips, and I am curious if there is a belt loop option I can select that will be compatible use the DCC clips.

Bringing a few posts over here to document my solution for concealing a duty-sized gun with a RDS. I reduced the amount of grip tuck by removing the claw portion of the wing. This still keeps the grip from printing, but keeps the top of the RDS inside my belt line. The disadvantage is reducing the finger gap for the draw.

I wish there were more options for claw size...

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’ve been exploring carrying a duty sized gun (P-07) with a closed emitter RDS (509t2), and am finding it a challenge because my waist is 31”. As others have observed, the square optic sticks out beyond the belt, and can print at the midline.

I have an excellent JMCK AIWB Wing-Claw 2.5 with a Darkwing for this setup. It tucks really well, but there’s a bit of optic protruding.

I spent the last few weeks trying an old self-modded JMCK George, and initially thought it was better.

Then I compared the two just now, and there’s really no comparison. Sorry George. The AIWB WC 2.5 keeps grip and optic closer to the body. I may try the Lightwing on this holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Winner winner chicken dinner!

JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.5 with claw removed provides just the right amount of tuck.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

@Clusterfrack I have my 2.5 set up same as yours,except in the higher ride holes.
    Dcc Mono and inserts removed from wing.

Name:  IMG_0495.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  40.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @Clusterfrack I have my 2.5 set up same as yours,except in the higher ride holes.
    Dcc Mono and inserts removed from wing.
    I think that's a good option for people taller than me.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by wesshipman View Post
    I'm looking for a holster for my VP9 Optics Ready with RMR and TLR-7a... I would like to run DCC Standard or Universal Mod 4 Clips, and I am curious if there is a belt loop option I can select that will be compatible use the DCC clips.
    I have a JM holster set up for DCC clips, mod 4 I think.

Under Light-Bearing Enigma Options, you can select enigma compatible plus 1.5” DCC Clips.

When I have used a holster with a claw, I too remove the claw attachment and just use the arm. However my inguinal crease to inner thigh dimensions are such that I cannot comfortably use a claw holster design. I probably need to play around with it some more.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by wesshipman View Post
    wesshipman, you would need to choose the Wing Claw 2.5 Light bearing holster for that combo and then choose Enigma compatible with the DCC option. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

I have a Wing Claw 2.5 red dot cut and soft loops. I decided to order a mono block with hardware from their website to try it on my holster. Their hardware clearly will not work. What do I need to get to attach the monoblock to my holster?

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I have a Wing Claw 2.5 red dot cut and soft loops. I decided to order a mono block with hardware from their website to try it on my holster. Their hardware clearly will not work. What do I need to get to attach the monoblock to my holster?
    email me and I can get you the hardware pack to use on the Monoblock. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List