Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Left Handed 642 OWB holster?

Site Supporter

Kydex Left Handed 642 OWB holster?

Kydex Left Handed 642 OWB holster?

That's it. I have a nice leather one but looking for one for our carry gun close in matches. Decided to run the 642 after seeing a guy run a LCR.

Garrett Industries should cover the 642 https://www.giholsters.com

Site Supporter
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Decided to run the 642 after seeing a guy run a LCR.
    What was wrong with the LCR?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Last edited by Det1397; 03-23-2022 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Updated

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    What was wrong with the LCR?
    Misinterpretation. We've been having a small carry gun match. G42,43, 365s, 938s, Shields, g26s. I usually ran my G42 or 26. However, at the last match, a guy ran his LCR. This encouraged me to run my 642 at the next one, next month as a revolver also. Nothing wrong with a LCR. One time I shot one, it has a nice trigger but I have J frames. I like shooting them. Took Claude Werner's class at Rehn's. Shot it a few times at TX IDPA for grins. Since I carry it when dress constrains, shooting it in a match seems fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Misinterpretation. We've been having a small carry gun match. G42,43, 365s, 938s, Shields, g26s. I usually ran my G42 or 26. However, at the last match, a guy ran his LCR. This encouraged me to run my 642 at the next one, next month as a revolver also. Nothing wrong with a LCR. One time I shot one, it has a nice trigger but I have J frames. I like shooting them. Took Claude Werner's class at Rehn's. Shot it a few times at TX IDPA for grins. Since I carry it when dress constrains, shooting it in a match seems fun.
    Got it. Makes sense. How do the matches go with the G42, Glenn?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    They went well. With the shorter distances, I had no problem making A hits most of the time. A general comment is that the match is/was emphasizing realistic carry guns and rigs. However, some folks shooting it, still went for the planning reload strategy of dumping still loaded mags for time advantage. Would you do that on DA STREET? Also, there's an interesting speed/accuracy interplay. My limited experience with USPSA and discussions with folks like Clusterfrack, suggest that there is an optimal mix of A's and C's to your advantage in speed and accuracy. If it were a defensive shooting, the ratio of Cs might be smaller. I noted some folks trying to go really fast and throwing in a few Mikes even at our shorter distances. DA STREET Mike might not be a good idea.

I still need to work on my interplay of factors. My times are slow but a component is not racing between firing positions due to screwed up knees and hips. The component due to sight acquisition and split times are workable. However, from the initial draw and two shots on the first target or on DA STREET situation, I'm comfortable with that time. I do tend to want a clear sight picture on the second shot and that takes time. So my times suck, but if we count A hits, I was 4th out of about 17 shooters. Times - forget it.

We were surprised that most folks shot the carry guns pretty damn well.

User Tag List