Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I just received a quick-ship JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 that I ordered for a G19 with full guard, RDS cut, wide hole spacing, PTD loops, and molded to accept a Streamlight TLR7.

The reason why I got the TLR version, despite the fact that I have no use for a WML on a CCW pistol, is I've heard from others that the greater surface area of the WML feature makes many AIWB holsters more comfortable.

I installed a Mastermind Tactics pillow and wore it while seated in a movie theater for a couple of hours yesterday. So far, it's the most comfortable AIWB holster I've tried, including a similarly fashioned Wing Claw 2.5, but without the WML feature, that I have for a G48.
    Can you post a photo please?
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post! It does appear that AIWB holsters are for a slimmer build than mine. Much appreciate the info.
    One of the main innovators of AIWB Spencer Keepers is a pretty large guy. It can be done if one wants to get the right gear and get it adjusted correctly. Scott Jedlinski is also a plus size dude. Both Spencer and he offer AWIB classes. I took Spencers and the long portion of holster, belt, adjustments and clothing was great. In my AIWB journey, there's actually quite a bit to learn to make it work optimally.

Good luck!
    Aaron D.
    EvoSec
    Evolution Security Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I can’t seem to find that text on the description or the FAQs page. @Tony Mayer, is the wide-hole spacing compatible with a red dot cut?
    WobblyPossum, the wide hole pattern that has one loop over the trigger guard and one in the sight channel is not red dot compatible. The normal hole pattern does have a widely spaced set of holes to spread pull the dots. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    WobblyPossum, the wide hole pattern that has one loop over the trigger guard and one in the sight channel is not red dot compatible. The normal hole pattern does have a widely spaced set of holes to spread pull the dots. Thanks
    Thanks Tony, that clarifies things.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    I just received a quick-ship JMCK Wing Claw 2.5 that I ordered for a G19 with full guard, RDS cut, wide hole spacing, PTD loops, and molded to accept a Streamlight TLR7.

The reason why I got the TLR version, despite the fact that I have no use for a WML on a CCW pistol, is I've heard from others that the greater surface area of the WML feature makes many AIWB holsters more comfortable.

I installed a Mastermind Tactics pillow and wore it while seated in a movie theater for a couple of hours yesterday. So far, it's the most comfortable AIWB holster I've tried, including a similarly fashioned Wing Claw 2.5, but without the WML feature, that I have for a G48.
    I too am intrigued by this.

I have found a G17 length holster to be pretty uncomfortable for me but admittedly have never tried a wedge or pillow. I have a 19 length 2.5 wing claw with the flat muzzle pad on the way but the weight distribution from greater surface area due to the WML as you describe does sound attractive. I'll probably give your idea a try if my incoming holster doesn't work out as it would also double well as a HD setup.

Attached Images Attached Images     

Thanks. That looks really good. I think I’ll order one soon.

User Tag List