Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    That is great information good to have it on one place. The next level would be photos of all three in this thread for reference.
    Enel, there are multiple images (as well as descriptions) of each holster listed via this page on the JMCK website.

Respectfully, if it is that important to have the images here, you can copy and paste those images without asking someone else to do so.

Tony is gracious enough to answer the questions here that we cannot seem to answer for ourselves via his website or haven't taken to email (or phone).
    Last edited by blues; 05-21-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Enel, there are multiple images (as well as descriptions) of each holster listed via this page on the JMCK website.

Respectfully, if it is that important to have them here, you can copy and paste those images without asking someone else to do the work.

Tony is gracious enough to answer the questions here that we cannot seem to answer for ourselves via his website or haven't taken to email (or phone).
    You are correct. It has been a while since I visited that website and in the past have found the descriptions pretty confusing. Obviously things have changed and been tuned up quite a bit.

WC

Just got my hands on one of these, second-hand from eBay.

So far I'm pretty pleased. It's a G17/22 model I'm using to cart around my G19 and it conceals nicely. The gun doesn't "click" in to the holster like I would expect, but tightening the retention some the holster retains the firearm well.

This holster is being used to take another swing at AIWB carry for me, likely easier after dropping 30 pounds from my last attempt. I'm fiddling with placement but am already feeling more comfort this time versus prior attempts.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

I removed one of the 2 pull-the-dot loops but otherwise it it still my fav AIWB for a G19.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I just wanted to quickly mention, for anyone new to the forum, or just new to AIWB holsters, that JM Custom Kydex makes a variety of AIWB models for different body types. A potential buyer should not order the latest/newest JM Custom Kydex holster, but the one that fits best. For my individual body, the George is the best fit, confirmed with right-hand Georges for the G19, SP101, and 1911. (There is a relatively recent thread on the George, here in this section of the forum, if I remember correctly.)

I recently tried a lefty Wing Claw 2.5, which I found pre-owned on evil-bay. The workmanship is truly excellent, the norm for JM Custom, but on my body, well, let's just say it is a very nice cross-draw rig.

When I finally decide which will most-likely be my post-retirement* left-handed "primary" handgun, I will be ordering a new George. (My above-mentioned Georges came to me pre-owned.)

*I will not be switching guns, as much as transitioning "primary" to the left side.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-05-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just wanted to quickly mention, for anyone new to the forum, or just new to AIWB holsters, that JM Custom Kydex makes a variety of AIWB models for different body types. A potential buyer should not order the latest/newest JM Custom Kydex holster, but the one that fits best.
    This is very true for me.

I use the JM AIWB Wing Claw 1.0 with the Extra Tuck option. http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC.html

I don't like pull the dot loops - like most folks seem to.

I don't like foam wedges - like most folks seem to.

The narrower muzzle end of the holster combined with the extra tuck makes the 1.0 is most comfortable for me.

I've tried other JM's (and other brands) with the larger claw of the 2.0 and 2.5 but it makes the holster too wide for me. The smaller claw of the 1.0 just works - for me.

Options. Tony has 'em.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I just wanted to quickly mention, for anyone new to the forum, or just new to AIWB holsters, that JM Custom Kydex makes a variety of AIWB models for different body types. A potential buyer should not order the latest/newest JM Custom Kydex holster, but the one that fits best.
    I will third (or fourth, or fifth) this. I would also add to reach out to Tony and get his input prior to ordering (e.g. gun, body type, etc.). I have done this on several IWB and AWIB holsters and his input and been right every time.

So I can get the rcs over hooks on the 2.5 now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stuman View Post
    So I can get the rcs over hooks on the 2.5 now?

Stuman, that is the 2.0
    You can get the split loop, pull the dot loops, or clip on the 2.5 now, however.

Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Cool thanks for the info. I'll order on this Friday

User Tag List