Thread: 5shot Leather

5shot Leather

Anyone take delivery of a 5shot Leather holster recently? Or place a order? Curious what the wait time is.

Thanks.

My understanding is John does these in batches according to color scheme, etc. Case in point, he's told me before he's running natural colored holsters at one time. So it's probably not easy to estimate without contacting him.

I get that. I’m just trying to figure out over or under 1 year wait and was hoping someone got one recently and may know.

I’ve had an SME ordered since October of 2020. 🙃 I just reached out recently again to give a little prod and he’s supposed to be finishing it up sometime shortly. This isn’t reflective of his normal timeline IME.

I own several of John’s holsters, The first of which was from the original run of SMEs. They’re the best appendix solution I’ve found for a full sized gun with my body type. There are some Kydex variants that I’m a bit faster from, but nothing I have found comes close to his design for both concealment and comfort.

But you’re going to need to be patient. 😊

I am gong to order a SME for my Hi Power. I haven't found a kydex AIWB holster for one from a company that I have heard of before.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I am gong to order a SME for my Hi Power. I haven't found a kydex AIWB holster for one from a company that I have heard of before.
    If you're also a 1911 user, order one for a 5" Government. It fits fine, and depending on your thumb safety, also blocks it from disengaging.

@Serpico1985 ,SLG just made a comment in your thread 1911addicts that he's confident in John, and that would do well enough for me.

With regards to the SME, I don't think there really is a leather holster that could be considered a substitute. It is still my favorite holster, period. Alternatives for the other designs (IWB/OWB) could likely be sourced from other makers.

Thank you Janitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Anyone take delivery of a 5shot Leather holster recently? Or place a order? Curious what the wait time is.

Thanks.
    Another vote for the SME as my favorite holster, and to P-forum for leading me to discover it. To answer your question I placed an order in early January for some optic ready IBS holsters, and from past experiences I expect to wait. Not quite a year? It's worth the wait. John, if you're reading this thank you and I hope you are in good health!

Email John and he'll get you in the queue straight away.

I think things are moving a bit faster for him these days, he hired help. But I'm not sure what his wait time is right now.

SME is great and DCC Monoblocks are fantastic addition:

Name:  E522D5E7-C3E8-4464-8878-8A566ACDFFB0.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  47.9 KB

User Tag List