Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast

Thread: JMCK CLAW 2.5

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    email me and I can get you the hardware pack to use on the Monoblock. Thanks
    Lol I actually emailed your CS last night about what to get. Haven’t heard back, but sure I will. Thanks Tony!

Received a 2.5 with soft loops for my Staccato C a few days ago. Obviously, a perfect fit and the soft loops are still a tight fit on my belt. One serious drawback has surfaced: the holster is too comfortable; I find myself frequently checking that I'm actually wearing it. I might have to look into a way to make the holster a bit uncomfortable.

2.5 with wedge, optic cut, dcc clips, mid guard and wing

Does anyone have one with DCC clips, a red dot cut, AND wide spaced holes for loops? I’m considering ordering that configuration but am not sure how the RDS cut works with wide spaced holes.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I've seen pictures of AIWB holsters on this and other websites with individuals standing for the picture of their holster. Was wondering if y'all could posts some pics from a seated position, with an unobstructed view. I just want to see how or if they print while seated. Thinking of AIWB carry and want to make an informed decision on that route or not. Seated pictures would help. Thanks in advance!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    I've seen pictures of AIWB holsters on this and other websites with individuals standing for the picture of their holster. Was wondering if y'all could posts some pics from a seated position, with an unobstructed view. I just want to see how or if they print while seated. Thinking of AIWB carry and want to make an informed decision on that route or not. Seated pictures would help. Thanks in advance!!
    What’s your body type? For it to be relevant you’d have to be pretty similar.

I am always more confident that my gun is hidden when seated, except when I do the gut un-tuck as I sit down.
    Ignore Alien Orders

68 yoa with the accompanying stomach and love handles. I pocket carry a J-frame but always looking for options.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This looks like an excellent design. I'm hoping to get a P2000SK V2 soon. I like some extra length, does a P2000 holster fit the SK ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Does anyone have one with DCC clips, a red dot cut, AND wide spaced holes for loops? I’m considering ordering that configuration but am not sure how the RDS cut works with wide spaced holes.
    I don't believe wide loops are
    an option with a RDS cut

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I don't believe wide loops are
    an option with a RDS cut
    The website lets you select the combination and add it to your cart.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    @JAH 3rd If you would accept a narrative response, it seems to me that successful AIWB concealed carry in a non-permissive environment depends (i) primarily on the shape of your torso, (ii) secondarily on holster design, and (iii) lastly upon trouser rise. The list is arranged by difficulty of correction in that losing fifty pounds is a little harder than simply buying a different holster, and changing holsters is more difficult than wearing your pants a little lower.

(i) Torso

The sweet spot is a drape approaching or exceeding 10 inches. Ex: Chest 42" and waist 32" or less. An athletic torso can be less concerned about holster design / trouser rise.

If waist is equivalent to chest, concealment is heavily influenced by trouser rise. Ex: Chest 42", waist 42". An AIWB, when sitting, will tend to tip the butt of the pistol outboard through the ballooning of the abdomen as the shooter takes his seat.

(ii) Holster

An IWB holster worn in front does not become an AIWB. The curves of the body compound differently, hip versus pubis. Ex: When the IWB is worn at 3:00 (think, Summer Special) the outward curve of the hip helps push the muzzle out and the gun butt into the wearer's side. When worn above the pubis, the inward curve of the pelvis allows the muzzle of the gun to rotate towards his sacrum which forces the butt outwards, away from the shooter's body. The AIWB holster crafters who contribute to P-F know how to craft holsters to minimize this.

(iii) Trousers

Regardless of drape, the rise on trousers can overcome the advantages of the most well-crafted AIWB holster. If high rise trousers are worn (i.e., beltline at or about the navel), the butt of the pistol will likely ride upwards, over the shooter's lower ribs. The effect will be that the gun butt pivots outboard, tenting the shirt and becoming quite obvious.

Ex: I may know a man who formerly wore his pants at or a little above his navel, and no AIWB could defeat the riding of the gun's butt over his lower ribs and the subsequent tenting. When he began to wear his trousers so the top of the waistband rode a little beneath his navel, a difference of less than two inches, a miracle happened and the gun suddenly dissapeared, even when seated.

Overall, then, a well fitted AIWB holster has to address drape, torso covexity/concavity, and current fashion. These are some of the things to keep in mind . . . but you'll probably still wind up with a box of holsters.

Duces

User Tag List