Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's something you don't see everyday

Here's something you don't see everyday

Old school Rogers suede lined kydex, for a J frame 442, wearing Rogers stocks. Cool bit of holster history. My Buddy, the Late Paul Gomez gave me this holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one of those for a 4" 66 back in the day. Lost to time unfortunately. Cool holster, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I had one of those for a 4" 66 back in the day. Lost to time unfortunately. Cool holster, thanks for sharing.
    You bet! What year would you estimate? I'm trying to place in time when these were hip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    You bet! What year would you estimate? I'm trying to place in time when these were hip.

Hard to say exactly, because I'm old......thinking it would have been early 80s.

I'm thinking I saw one of these on a Agent about 1973. He said it was fast but it seemed bulky under his maroon double knit sport jacket.

Site Supporter
    Yep, mid-1970's. I had one around 1975-76. Very fast.

Excellent. Thank you for the info Gentleman. I was around then...just not in any official capacity. [emoji6]

That's cool. Somebody gave me one from that era for a 1911 that I have since lost or given away. It was innovative for the time, but no comparison to the kydex holsters of today.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Cool. They are eBay occasionally, under a search for "Rogers holster". Bill's book gives some history on his holster designs, worth the read.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Cool. They are eBay occasionally, under a search for "Rogers holster". Bill's book gives some history on his holster designs, worth the read.

Thanks for the book tip. I'm a big fan of everything 're: Bill Rogers.

User Tag List