Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New model 66 2.75" looks sexy

Exclamation New model 66 2.75" looks sexy

Really liking the new s&w model 66 2.75". Looks pretty badass! Anyone seen one or played with one.

Want, but trying to ignore due to lock. No lock...I'd have at least one.

Side note with no thread derail intended...is this a two piece barrel or one? If two is this really an improvement? Honestly dunno.
    Last edited by Willard; 01-30-2017 at 12:17 AM.

Im not a lock hater. They can be dealt with. I will probably have one. Screw probably, I will have one.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

It is a two piece barrel, + lock, + black trigger and cylinder release. The two piece is reportedly more inherently accurate. I don't like the appearance of the two piece at the muzzle, but then again no one I care about will be looking at that end anyway. Unlike the "classic" 66, it's been designed to safely shoot 357 all day, every day.

I'll most likely pick one up sometime late this year anyway.

I'm not sure @ the 2 piece barrel. My brother in law was at shot and sent me this. Doesn't look like the 2 piece and he didn't think it was. But if you have a better source please let me know. The only reason I ask is I have some plans for this gun and. 2 piece barrel would force me to change those.

Name:  IMG_0092.jpg
Views: 4654
Size:  47.5 KB
    Last edited by Lon; 01-30-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I picked a hell of a year to swear off revolvers and grow my Glock skills.

Damn I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I'm not sure @ the 2 piece barrel. My brother in law was at shot and sent me this. Doesn't look like the 2 piece and he didn't think it was. But if you have a better source please let me know. The only reason I ask is I have some plans for this gun and. 2 piece barrel would force me to change those.

Name:  IMG_0092.jpg
Views: 4654
Size:  47.5 KB
    According to S&W, it's a 2-piece barrel:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...-combat-magnum

I like it except for "that hole".

I wasn't aware that Smith released this at SHOT.

I've morned my model 66 3" that I lost to the Ex in my divorce. This might make up for the loss. I just would need to get a plug for the hole and deactivate that safety.

User Tag List