Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Carry Optics loses the 10 round limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You've either got bad luck or I've got good luck.
    Yea, I have not had to replace the battery in mine yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Generally, I assume I have bad luck, but in this case, I have seven of them, which seems a reasonably large sample. What I have not done, is write down the serial number of each unit, and keep a battery log, so it is possible that only like half of mine are bad.
    You need to have each unit numbered, and keep a battery log and practice log (yeah, I know). When you shoot your guns with purpose (I mean you're on your PCC run, or your CO run), you shoot the respective gun(s) every day, and dry fire them too. You'd have to reach out to some top CO dudes to compare your notes in regards to volume of use experience. I can ask Hwansik when I shoot with him in August, provided he doesn't change to some supersquad.
    Last edited by YVK; 05-06-2017 at 11:12 PM.

Site Supporter
    Well, my Vortex Viper just went dead. One year almost to the day. About 25 or so matches, lots of dry and live fire practice, 4 day defensive handgun course. Never needed it on its highest setting, usually medium (bright sunlight) to low (indoors).

I know I should have kept track so I could have a better idea of when to replace the battery. I will start doing this with all my battery powered optics.

Site Supporter
    I can easily test a battery for its voltage drop. Maybe that should be in the battery log. I have my recently dead battery and a brand new battery as 0 to full.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Five shots into stage 3 at a USPSA match today, shooting a Q5 with a Delta Point Pro, my battery died, causing me to zero the stage. Battery is about two weeks old.

Great optic with horrendously poor battery life. Using various other optics on my carbines, in PCC, I got out of changing the battery before every match. Really is a necessity with the DP Pro, based on my experience.

Leupold should be ashamed of this.
    Two weeks later to the day, battery in same Pro died today. Worst part is I haven't shot it, or anything, since last Sunday, and optic was turned off except for during a modest amount of dry fire. I am pulling this unit and returning it to Leupold.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List