Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics loses the 10 round limit.

Site Supporter
    Broke down and got a Glock 17 MOS. Interested to give the red dot thing a try. On the off chance I hate it...Any iron sight recommendations? The dovetail seems a little further back to make room for the mounting plates and I always used Warrens.

I'd be interested to see how the carry optics division revamp affects the hit factors. I'd be really interested to see how it compares to a production hit factor, but I suspect that now the 10 round limit was 86'ed there will never be a truly fair comparison unless we're looking at classifiers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Broke down and got a Glock 17 MOS. Interested to give the red dot thing a try. On the off chance I hate it...Any iron sight recommendations? The dovetail seems a little further back to make room for the mounting plates and I always used Warrens.

I'd be interested to see how the carry optics division revamp affects the hit factors. I'd be really interested to see how it compares to a production hit factor, but I suspect that now the 10 round limit was 86'ed there will never be a truly fair comparison unless we're looking at classifiers.

I used Ameriglo suppressor sights on my 19 MOS. would think that anything with a simple rear would work.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

If you want to run just irons, you might consider the 10-8 rear made for the MOS paired with the new HD XR front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Five shots into stage 3 at a USPSA match today, shooting a Q5 with a Delta Point Pro, my battery died, causing me to zero the stage. Battery is about two weeks old.

Great optic with horrendously poor battery life. Using various other optics on my carbines, in PCC, I got out of changing the battery before every match. Really is a necessity with the DP Pro, based on my experience.

Leupold should be ashamed of this.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Five shots into stage 3 at a USPSA match today, shooting a Q5 with a Delta Point Pro, my battery died, causing me to zero the stage. Battery is about two weeks old.

Great optic with horrendously poor battery life. Using various other optics on my carbines, in PCC, I got out of changing the battery before every match. Really is a necessity with the DP Pro, based on my experience.

Leupold should be ashamed of this.
    You've either got bad luck or I've got good luck.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    You've either got bad luck or I've got good luck.
    Generally, I assume I have bad luck, but in this case, I have seven of them, which seems a reasonably large sample. What I have not done, is write down the serial number of each unit, and keep a battery log, so it is possible that only like half of mine are bad.

Inmeed to start keeping a log of battery life. When I get it the match at the safe table when I initially holster up I turn it on to max setting (8:30am) and then turn it off after the match (2pm). I obviously run it on for dry fire and live fire practice. I ran it for a month and a half before Area 6 and swapped it to be safe for area 6. I even saved the old battery as an emergency spare.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Inmeed to start keeping a log of battery life. When I get it the match at the safe table when I initially holster up I turn it on to max setting (8:30am) and then turn it off after the match (2pm). I obviously run it on for dry fire and live fire practice. I ran it for a month and a half before Area 6 and swapped it to be safe for area 6. I even saved the old battery as an emergency spare.
    I leave mine on for the duration of my dry fire and range sessions, but turn them off between sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Battery is about two weeks old.
    That is beyond unacceptable.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

It seems like with the CMore and some other optics, the dot gets dim as the battery gets weak. In my experience, with the DP Pro, it goes from full intensity to dead, with no obvious warning of impending failure. I would not depend on the Pro for EDC, even if it came with 1,000 batteries, unless you planned to change the battery every day, and carry spares in your pocket in case you got kept out overnight.

Nothing like zeroing a stage and screwing your match to build customer appreciation for a product. I love Leupold scopes, but frankly any of their scopes with a battery has been a disappointment for the ten or twenty years they have offered them. SOP on magnified scopes with illumination was the battery would always be dead, and you changed the battery out before heading out with the rifle.

User Tag List