Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics loses the 10 round limit.

Reminder: 140mm mags were always legal for Carry Optics, they where just limited to ten rounds.
    Blue Bullets Team dude

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Hwansik says his PPQ is completely stock, aside from a front sight. Gives me lols about how people say that PPQ trigger is not too light for carry, but that's another story.
    It could also mean that Hwansik is just that good. Of course, I always feel like the single action on my P99 is not something I'd be terribly comfortable carrying if it weren't for the DA first shot, so I guess I probably agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by theblacknight View Post
    Calling Carry Optics "poverty open" or similar is very easy and trendy, but its a division where you can buy a off the shelf gun, loctite your red dot on, get some 140mm magpul mags and go. Is it really comparable to Open from a logistics and support stand point? What kind of powder do you need for your carry optics load? Its 9mm, you can use all of them. The same for Open? HELL NO. In Open, you have 9mm Kaboom and 38 Stupid. Your powder choice for 9mm major is limited and while 38 super is sweet on the gun and easier to reload, the brass is expensive. How much does a proper open gun cost x2 because if you shoot open, you either have 1 gun and don't care about finishing a major, or you do care and you have a 2nd gun.
    Don't forget: tuning your feedlips on your mags and brushing them out between every stage, and doing the unfuck dance whenever your $2K gun shits the bed in the middle of a stage.

I'll just be interested in seeing what guns come out as the favorites for CO, as I think more competitors are shooting the long slide models of guns and not the compacts. By the way, is CO still provisional or is it finally official? I'm not going to lay out the scratch for a nice gun if the division can still be taken away.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Hwansik says his PPQ is completely stock, aside from a front sight. Gives me lols about how people say that PPQ trigger is not too light for carry, but that's another story.

I'd imagine that # 7 Nils shot a Glock and # 5 Phil shot a Sig.
    Not to drift the thread too much...But would that also mean you'd be uncomfortable carrying a Glock 34 or SIG 320?

Personally, the 320 and PPQ I looked at a few months ago did seem like the triggers were pretty light...And pretty dang short as well and I'd feel weird carrying them too...But is there a hard point where the "better trigger" makes a difference...Good or bad...And where does the shooters skill just render that point moot?

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Not to drift the thread too much...But would that also mean you'd be uncomfortable carrying a Glock 34 or SIG 320?
    I'd be OK to carry a stock 34 and SIG 320 in a non-AIWB position, or SCD'd 34 or manual safety 320 in any position.

I highly doubt that 34s and 320s shot at that match were stock though. TTI and Grayguns affiliations and such. Would bet 1000 rubles that Hwansik and his stock Q5 were shooting against 3.5 lbs trigger pull 320s, 34s and MPs.

Hard to say where at shooter's skill level the hardware becomes irrelevant but I doubt that dudes who compete for overall win are agnostic of competitive advantages or disadvantages. Hwansik shot Stock 2 in Production; that tells me he is not above getting the best tool for the job.
    Last edited by YVK; 03-28-2017 at 06:57 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

Personally, the 320 and PPQ I looked at a few months ago did seem like the triggers were pretty light...And pretty dang short as well and I'd feel weird carrying them too...But is there a hard point where the "better trigger" makes a difference...Good or bad...And where does the shooters skill just render that point moot?
    For reference, a Stock P320 has a 7 lb trigger, the G 34 5.5 lbs and the PPQ 4lb at least my examples do.

The 320 feels much lighter subjectively.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Like most of it, except the push button mag release.

Wonder how long till the VP9 optic rest rolls out?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    For reference, a Stock P320 has a 7 lb trigger, the G 34 5.5 lbs and the PPQ 4lb at least my examples do.

The 320 feels much lighter subjectively.
    FWIW, I have many PPQs. 4", 5", M1, M2, Navy, .45, Q5. Some of those in multiples. Every one of them with stock triggers and all of them are over 5 pounds. The PPQ trigger feels lighter than Glock, etc. because the trigger is just better. Does anyone say you shouldn't carry a 1911 with a 5 pound trigger?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Like most of it, except the push button mag release.

Wonder how long till the VP9 optic rest rolls out?
    The slides for paddle and button are the same. My Q5 resides on an M1 paddle lower. I don't know the legality of this for competition, but I shoot for the fun and training.

User Tag List