Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carry Optics loses the 10 round limit.

Site Supporter
    Wait...Were all the carry optics guys running from concealment already?

Welfare open indeed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Wait...Were all the carry optics guys running from concealment already?

Welfare open indeed.

It is Open lite, just like PCC is long gun lite. Around here, all the action is in Limited, Open and PCC. It will be interesting to see if this boosts CO participation from me and the four others I know shooting it, to larger numbers.

Here you go, just $19.99 to comply with the equipment race:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    A shooter around here has started shooting PCC pretty heavily and I usually see one or two CO guys. Not gonna lie, I sorta wanna play. A MOS glock might be in my future at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    A shooter around here has started shooting PCC pretty heavily and I usually see one or two CO guys. Not gonna lie, I sorta wanna play. A MOS glock might be in my future at some point.

I'm considering one too. Eyesight isn't getting any better, and not interested in going open.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Just curious, what do you carry?
    For the most part I carry an RMR'ed P07 in a JMCK AIWB. With a different mag than the one in the pic. I use a flush fit 16rd. Cover garment depends on weather. Polo or sweatshirt. Never an open front garment.
    Name:  IMG_2953.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  46.0 KB

We have an indoor Monday match around here. Quick 72 Rd match (3-24 Rd stages). I usually shoot my carry or duty gear. Outdoor matches I most of the time run gamer gear. Except Ft Benning 3 Gun this year. I ran my P07 in my carry gear. No chance of me beating Miculek or the other Open top shooters so I was just shooting for fun.
    Last edited by Lon; 01-30-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Carry Optics with a 140mm mag, LOL.

It's a GO, Geriatric Open. Can't see the sights, need a dot. Can't reload, need a huge mag. Can't afford an open gun on social security check. I'd allow CO shooters to park in handicapped spots and have junior shooters carry their bags. We should respect our elders.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I heard this yesterday at an indoor match. There were 24 shooters, 8 Open and 9 Limited so there were two stages where 17 shooters did not reload while the Production guys and lone CO shooter reloaded 1 or 2 times. Match was won by a B Open, second place by U CO so I'm not sure it is a huge issue one way or the other.

Time to order a few 140s though so I stay gamer cool. PMags and ETS won't break the bank as noted above.

ETA: I'm not that old.
    Last edited by Norville; 01-30-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Not having to reload isn't really about not having to reload. That sounds dumb, I'm sure. What it does do it open up options for accepting a bit more risk in a stage plan. Shooting on the move can be much more aggressive with a dot. But only having ten rounds in the gun makes it very, very risky when there's steel on the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Carry Optics with a 140mm mag, LOL.

It's a GO, Geriatric Open. Can't see the sights, need a dot. Can't reload, need a huge mag. Can't afford an open gun on social security check. I'd allow CO shooters to park in handicapped spots and have junior shooters carry their bags. We should respect our elders.
    I am confused -- does this mean you do or do not still want to shoot my CO pistol on Thursday?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Only with hope that those PMags won't make it there yet.

You think those extended mags can be coupled together to sub as a walking stick?

User Tag List