Thread: Two men who attacked B.C. RCMP officer avoid jail time

Two men who attacked B.C. RCMP officer avoid jail time

Const. Koester used pepper spray and (Koester and Lamar) began fighting on the ground. Leclerc jumped into the fight and stomped on Koester’s head, causing the officer to lose consciousness. Lamar and Leclerc drove off and about 20 seconds later, Koester began moaning. A passerby stopped and tended to the injured Mountie.
    http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/t...void-jail-time

Nice! Stomp on an officer's head, basically leave him for dead and get house arrest. I wonder if the prosecution can appeal the sentence.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Not much different there than here! At least you know what your worth to the courts.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. If they'd done that to the judge or prosecutor they'd be doing hard time.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Doesn't surprise me a bit. If they'd done that to the judge or prosecutor they'd be doing hard time.
    Wow, nailed it

Attack prosecutor or judge:

"This vicious and reprehensible attack on the very foundation of our democracy must be condemned in the strongest possible manner. This is effectively homegrown terrorism, aimed at the most critical tenets of justice itself. The offender will receive the maximum sentence".

Attack police officer:

"No act of violence is acceptable, however, a culture of conflict between this city's visible minorities and law enforcement has been allowed to fester for many decades and I am uncomfortable with what may be perceived as retaliatory action. I have released the offender into the custody of his parents, who assure me that supervision will be adequate for this 21 year old."
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    More example of leftism invading the thought of all areas of life. I love Canada, and maybe I am wrong, but it seems like the left has won up your way. Please tell me I am ignorant and ill informed!

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I wouldn't say "won" any more than I'd say the left had "won" in the US in November of 2008.

There are aspects of Canada which are pretty left; others less so. We are generally more pro-free-trade here and the corporate tax rate is lower, and as Revolver Rob recently mentioned the human freedom index from the Cato institute, I'll point out that we score higher than the US in terms of how they measure personal freedom. On the other hand personal tax rates are higher and individual freedoms are seen as less absolute, and more relative.

I would say that the "progressive" ideas about offensive speech are less adhered to here; in my experience the entire political process in Canada is less emotive than in the US. Traditionally we lean towards practicality and conservative, quiet consideration rather than radical ideas of any sort.

On the other hand we're a small country and immigration can change the face of the population quickly if you let it.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Back in the day the assailant would have gone to the hospital after fellow officers tuned him up. You can argue the right and wrong of that, but everybody understood the rules.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

It's a sad commentary on the state of our cultures and if it doesn't get reversed the slippery slope is only going to get steeper imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List