Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fix. 6.5 grendel Killer?

Site Supporter
    I also think the shape of the bolts arm and proximity to the receiver limits how it can be manipulated in its current state. I think it was intended to be used with the palm as the acting member, not the fingers. The guides built in to the shroud to prevent binding suggests they envisioned this sort of gross motion, which may have been more successful than hunt and manipulate with the digits.

Just guessing here. I'll go back to my ak now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    As a long time bolt action shooter, I would pass on this rifle due to its awkwardness. Watching the shooter operate the rifle shows the bolt lift is stiff and its operation is anything but smooth. A pistol grip only exacerbates the problem. Bolt travel limits the cheek piece, cheek weld and limits LOP and eye relief options. Interesting concept, but it needs further refinement
    The guy in the beginning of the video doesn't know how to run a bolt gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The guy in the beginning of the video doesn't know how to run a bolt gun.
    true perhaps but I personally would be thrown by the 45* throw and it would take some getting used to too.
    I wonder if there is an increase in force needed to run the bolt given the short throw/camming - does not seem like a big problem big picture though.

assuming this comes with a relatively thin contour barrel - for the people who may need to use them for work purposes (not just recreation), would it be worth the weight penalty to get a heavier contour barrel or worth spending more to get some sort of composite barrel?

Initially was excited about the way this looks but my enthusiasm has waned considerable after comparing it to my modded 16" Tikka CTR that weighs 7lbs,is easily sub MOA and cost me only $1200 including barrel chop/rethread/cerakote. This does have switch barrel ability and surely looks like a NICE rifle... given use of the right context. One tester said under higher fire rates it's exhibited vertical stringing due to the thinness of the barrel. Add a thicker contour for a PRS scenario and the weight goes up. Love where their heads at tho... glad to see a scout rifle concept and hopefully will spur competition. Win win for us.

This thing looks like the shit... definitely color me interested in one for my first precision bolt gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    For those where this gun could replace multiple other guns, it definitely makes sense. Especially if you could sell 2 or 3 to fund it.

For me, I'm considering a Precision Firearms 6.5 Grendel as my first (and only) precision rifle for hunting and range use. Putting together my own lower now, and my cost estimate is $1500 for a completed rifle that is within .5 pounds IIRC.

The bolt gun is probably a bit more accurate and a bit easier to get accuracy out of, but I'm not sure it's worth another $1250 to me.

Definitely will keep an eye on it, especially if a used one comes up. If my focus was going to be more on 600+ yards, this bolt gun starts to make a lot more sense.
    Last edited by rjohnson4405; 01-30-2017 at 10:39 AM.

Site Supporter
    I am very interested but at that price point I won't be preordering. Maybe I'm just cheap but I love a bargain. I'm not afraid of being a beta tester if it makes sense money wise. Examples were the kimber 1911s when they first came out, daniel defense M4 when they first came out. The 10-8 1911 railguns from Springfield were a screaming great deal. Maybe if they threw in a can. At $ 2700.00 I'm close to an LMT 308. I know it's apples to oranges but it's still a 308. I'm set for a hunting rifles in 308 and 30-06. My regular model 70 featherweight is great for 0-300 yards. I guess they are going for somebody that's wants a chassis bughole gun that he can hunt with or somebody that doesn't already have a hunting rifle or just want to compete. I have a Remington 700 16" that I was thinking of putting in an X-ray or MDT chassis. The new tikka chassis looks interesting. I don't know. If it was 1500 I might jump on the band wagon

Which would be the caliber to get, .308 or 6.5 Creedmor?

Site Supporter

The Fix. 6.5 grendel Killer?

Depends on your situation. For me, 6.5 - if you have other .30's or want well developed game bullets, I'd go with .308
    Last edited by jeep45238; 01-30-2017 at 08:38 PM.

FYI, for those of you moneyed folks, the preorder is going up tonight at midnight EST: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/02/01/q-fix-pre-order-goes-live-tonight/
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 01-31-2017 at 09:28 PM.

User Tag List