Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fix. 6.5 grendel Killer?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I don't AR but that sure looks fun.
    Unrelated but have you seen the VEPR 6.5 Grendel ?

Looks cool. I wish I had a use for a bolt gun.

Kevin is the founder of Advanced Armament, for those that didn't know.

Site Supporter
    This one is on my list. Actually replaced a 700 chassis gun I was going to build eventually.

I'm interested in getting to lay hands on one eventually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Here is an article about the gun by recoil that goes into it a bit: http://www.recoilweb.com/we-knew-q-l...ix-122186.html

I've been entertaining getting my first bolt gun, and was originally contemplating a Tikka of some sort, but might just wait for this.

That's interesting. I'd be interested in longer .308 barrels, but they will probably come in time.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Here is an article about the gun by recoil that goes into it a bit: http://www.recoilweb.com/we-knew-q-l...ix-122186.html

I've been entertaining getting my first bolt gun, and was originally contemplating a Tikka of some sort, but might just wait for this.
    Thanks! I think they should get extra credit for watching the Family Guy Star Wars spoof. Lol!

That is quite nice--I could easily see a .260 Rem version sitting in my safe in the near future...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

As a long time bolt action shooter, I would pass on this rifle due to its awkwardness. Watching the shooter operate the rifle shows the bolt lift is stiff and its operation is anything but smooth. A pistol grip only exacerbates the problem. Bolt travel limits the cheek piece, cheek weld and limits LOP and eye relief options. Interesting concept, but it needs further refinement
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    As a long time bolt action shooter, I would pass on this rifle due to its awkwardness. Watching the shooter operate the rifle shows the bolt lift is stiff and its operation is anything but smooth. A pistol grip only exacerbates the problem. Bolt travel limits the cheek piece, cheek weld and limits LOP and eye relief options. Interesting concept, but it needs further refinement
    The longer article mentions that they're still working out the feed ramp geometry, which could be some of the roughness we're seeing.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List