Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    Agreed on the 130 thing, I'll try and do a review as well, and can add Phlster, Dark Star, and Keepers(I've spent a lot of money on holsters this year, lol) to the mix...
    I could add the PHLster Classic as well, but the single loop was a no-go for me for EDC. I still use the Classic when doing neighborhood or longer walks because the hard wedge (Teardrop) is good for when things get sweaty. I haven't had the pleasure of a Dark Star yet but have communicated with them in the past and they were always quick to respond.

@jeffm, I've been using three of your holsters for a bit now and I don't know if it was mentioned to you all but rolling the ends in on the muzzle would make a huge difference. I have noticed even on the shorter holsters, (for example the G43) I still get jabbed up on the inside of my thy, especially if I'm running light shorts without an undergarment. I am also curious as to whether anyone has given though to a flat backed model as GIO has mentioned earlier in the thread. Thanks.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @jeffm, I've been using three of your holsters for a bit now and I don't know if it was mentioned to you all but rolling the ends in on the muzzle would make a huge difference. I have noticed even on the shorter holsters, (for example the G43) I still get jabbed up on the inside of my thy, especially if I'm running light shorts without an undergarment. I am also curious as to whether anyone has given though to a flat backed model as GIO has mentioned earlier in the thread. Thanks.
    The bottom of the VELO is intentionally left open so that one can use a muzzle brake or other device with the gun. For the vast majority of people this is not an issue, because the muzzle wedge and not the opening at the muzzle should be in contact with your body. If you are finding something different, than I would try adjusting the placement of the holsters.

If you are trying to find a way to carry a gun comfortably sans skivvies, I got no help for you there. ;-)

We are working on an update to the Certum. With this holster, one will be able to use it for AIWB carry. There will be no wedge and the muzzle end will be profiled. (No timeline or additional information).

Thank!
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I just received mine a few days ago. I'm experimenting with it. I had a spare JMCK flat neoprene wedge I attached and have ordered a JDev pad as well. If you carry at center-line or close like the cool kids, the Velo isn't for you. But if you're like me and carry closer to 1:30ish, it seems to work fine. I got the T1 (Discreet Carry) clips. I'm used to PDT loops, and the clips are very low-profile compared to the loops.

My usual carry is a JMCK AIWB 2.0. If the Velo just equals the JMCK, I'll consider it a home run. I plan on writing a review comparing the Eidolon, JMCK 2.0, and the Velo after I get some experience with the Velo.
    👍 The T1s or any of the Discreet Carry Concept clips make PDT loops completely irrelevant. The clips are lower profile, more durable, have better retention, and easier for on and off. Adding 3/8" to 1/2" of girth to your holster with snap loops is a no go if one is serious about concealment.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    ...and have ordered a JDev pad as well.
    My google fu may be off, but I couldn't find anything wiht a search for JDev pad other than a bunch of articles on Java developers... What is this pad you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    My google fu may be off, but I couldn't find anything wiht a search for JDev pad other than a bunch of articles on Java developers... What is this pad you speak of?
    www.vdevgru.com. V Development Group. My bad.

Ah! Excellent. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    The bottom of the VELO is intentionally left open so that one can use a muzzle brake or other device with the gun. For the vast majority of people this is not an issue, because the muzzle wedge and not the opening at the muzzle should be in contact with your body. If you are finding something different, than I would try adjusting the placement of the holsters.

If you are trying to find a way to carry a gun comfortably sans skivvies, I got no help for you there. ;-)

We are working on an update to the Certum. With this holster, one will be able to use it for AIWB carry. There will be no wedge and the muzzle end will be profiled. (No timeline or additional information).

Thank!
    I completely understand the reasoning behind the open end. I'm one of the weirdo's who don't care for the extra length, well I guess it depends on how far inboard towards 12 the gun is carried. I took the time to roll the ends in myself this morning and it is making a large difference for me. Carrying at 1:30 and 1 allows for full contact with the wedge and that isn't the problem. If I carry higher in the belt line concealment greatly diminishes and the wedge then becomes uncomfortable, too low and when seated I get chaffed by the open end, skivvies or not sadly. I'm going to continue to work with it. Discomfort when seated be damned it's still an amazing holster. You can certainly tell a ton of time and effort went into the design.

Side note on the Certum revision are you going to offer it with the ability to use the DCC clips and will it have the belt line wedge setup for medium tuck as the Velo? Thanks.
    Last edited by Mike C; 11-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I completely understand the reasoning behind the open end. I'm one of the weirdo's who don't care for the extra length, well I guess it depends on how far inboard towards 12 the gun is carried. I took the time to roll the ends in myself this morning and it is making a large difference for me. Carrying at 1:30 and 1 allows for full contact with the wedge and that isn't the problem. If I carry higher in the belt line concealment greatly diminishes and the wedge then becomes uncomfortable, too low and when seated I get chaffed by the open end, skivvies or not sadly. I'm going to continue to work with it. Discomfort when seated be damned it's still an amazing holster. You can certainly tell a ton of time and effort went into the design.

Side note on the Certum revision are you going to offer it with the ability to use the DCC clips and will it have the belt line wedge setup for medium tuck as the Velo? Thanks.
    Sorry no more comments for now on the CERTUM updates. I know where I am planning to go, but don't really know where I will end up or how long it will take to get there until we arrive.

@jeffm, thanks for taking the time to share what you did. My interest is definitely piqued. I look forward to seeing and trying what you arrive at.

User Tag List