Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

In looking at this holster, the built in wing looks small to me. With out wearing one, hard to tell. Can anyone comment on their built in style vs a regular claw? My concern is it doesn’t look like it is affective as a wing as the raven or any other claw. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    In looking at this holster, the built in wing looks small to me. With out wearing one, hard to tell. Can anyone comment on their built in style vs a regular claw? My concern is it doesn’t look like it is affective as a wing as the raven or any other claw. Thx
    I think this design has the wing positioned much closer to the center of the holster therefore it can be, actually HAS to be a little smaller.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    I have the 17/34 VELO updated AIWB with the discreet carry concepts hooks. I've been wearing it for about a week and like it. I also put a foam wedge over the build in the wedge (left over foam from a Keeper's holster).

With a 100% lifetime guarantee, give one a try if you are able. If you don't like it, return it.
    Will that holster work with a 19?

Thanks,
    Keith (Recovering Leather Guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith E. View Post
    Will that holster work with a 19?

Thanks,
    Keith (Recovering Leather Guy)
    Yes, they all work with everything from a 26 to a 34. The longer one is flush with a 34 and the shorter with a 17. The placement of the wedge makes anything shorter than a 17 a nonstarter. Thanks!
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    Yes, they all work with everything from a 26 to a 34. The longer one is flush with a 34 and the shorter with a 17. The placement of the wedge makes anything shorter than a 17 a nonstarter. Thanks!
    Jeff,

Thanks for following up and thanks to your crew that have been replying to my e-mails. I actually ordered a VELO AIWB this morning.

Keith

I order my VELO AIWB on 17Oct18, it's sitting at my house in Eastern North Carolina 22Oct18 @ 1341, excellent. Everything looks and feels good. As of right now I like the pull-the-dot loops but will be giving all attachment methods some time. I'd like to thank Jeff and his crew for some really nice work and great service.

Keith

Any updates from guys running these?
    Edit: *the velo*
    Last edited by JCS; 11-24-2018 at 02:37 PM.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Any updates from guys running these?
    Edit: *the velo*

I like mine a lot I've been running it since August. I used it for a Gabe White class and carry it almost daily. I run it with a flat pad. It conceals better for me than a Phlster Classic(and I like that one a lot too) that I have a DCS clip on and use with the same pad. A holster with a wide profile wing like a JM AIWB 2 or Raven Eidolon conceals better for me, but day in day out I grab the Velo probably 80% of the time. It's a really nice piece.

I just received mine a few days ago. I'm experimenting with it. I had a spare JMCK flat neoprene wedge I attached and have ordered a JDev pad as well. If you carry at center-line or close like the cool kids, the Velo isn't for you. But if you're like me and carry closer to 1:30ish, it seems to work fine. I got the T1 (Discreet Carry) clips. I'm used to PDT loops, and the clips are very low-profile compared to the loops.

My usual carry is a JMCK AIWB 2.0. If the Velo just equals the JMCK, I'll consider it a home run. I plan on writing a review comparing the Eidolon, JMCK 2.0, and the Velo after I get some experience with the Velo.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    I just received mine a few days ago. I'm experimenting with it. I had a spare JMCK flat neoprene wedge I attached and have ordered a JDev pad as well. If you carry at center-line or close like the cool kids, the Velo isn't for you. But if you're like me and carry closer to 1:30ish, it seems to work fine. I got the T1 (Discreet Carry) clips. I'm used to PDT loops, and the clips are very low-profile compared to the loops.

My usual carry is a JMCK AIWB 2.0. If the Velo just equals the JMCK, I'll consider it a home run. I plan on writing a review comparing the Eidolon, JMCK 2.0, and the Velo after I get some experience with the Velo.

Agreed on the 130 thing. I'll try and do a review of those as well, and can add Phlster, Dark Star, and Keepers(I've spent a lot of money on holsters this year, lol) to the mix...
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 11-26-2018 at 07:40 PM.

User Tag List