Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    I have one for the 43. It’s fantastic, I’ve got a small foam pad on the way for it to alleviate a bit of a hot spot issue with the built in wedge after 8 or so hours.

The new belt clips are phenomenal, incredibly secure and are designed by a friend who’s passion is metallurgy and is also someone who carries and trains with a pistol frequently.

It’s incredibly adjustable which is what I like about it. The vDev belt works really well with the clips as it makes a minimal belt line bulge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Larry,
    How does that trigger bar work for tucking the grip of your G43? I know the G43 needs minimal tucking but does it actually work? Also how is the length of the holster, any rolling problems. I'm use to the JMCK "Long" version for my G43.
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 11-30-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Hey brother,if im being perfectly honest after running this holster for s few months I ended up ordering another JMCK aiwb for the 43. It's not that the tenicor isn't a solid holster but for me the hard wedge was a no go even after lengthy days and adding a flat vDev pad.

It did not have an issue tucking the grip as i believe the hard wedge and bar do an adequate job in that arena. I run my 43 with a +2 Vickers extension on the mag and it had no problems tucking the grip in.

Currently I'm using this and it seems to be a little more comfortable and adjustable for my liking

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Larry,
    How does that trigger bar work for tucking the grip of your G43? I know the G43 needs minimal tucking but does it actually work? Also how is the length of the holster, any rolling problems. I'm use to the JMCK "Long" version for my G43.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Larry,
    The trigger bar hump provides a pretty good amount of tuck imo. I found it to pull the slide away from my body. I think it provides less bulk to the overall holster footprint than a wing.

The length is very similar to a dsg 43 holster. I did find the tenicor to ride higher than the dsg and a keepers errand.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    The trigger bar hump provides a pretty good amount of tuck imo. I found it to pull the slide away from my body. I think it provides less bulk to the overall holster footprint than a wing.

The length is very similar to a dsg 43 holster. I did find the tenicor to ride higher than the dsg and a keepers errand.
    I've found the tuck works great on the 43 and larger Glock holsers as well. Eyeballing it, it looks like the length is a little over an inch longer than the slide.

I haven't noticed it riding higher than the DSG I was using before, but I don't still have it to compare. If you get the DCC clips (you should) the height is pretty adjustable. I had to adjust the holster for my Glock 19 to the hightest setting after coming home from a Keepers Concealment AIWB class with bloody knuckles from my belt.

Overall, I really like both holsters, but if there is ever a version without the molded wedge on the back available I'll probably pick one up. I like the molded wedge on the 43 holster since I use that as a grab and go holster and it is easier to get on and off since it slides better and I don't wear that holster long enough for it to become uncomfortable. On the holster for my 19 it works pretty well but starts to get a little uncomfortable after a long day and I'd probably prefer foam since I'm not as likely to take it on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    Hey brother,if im being perfectly honest after running this holster for s few months I ended up ordering another JMCK aiwb for the 43. It's not that the tenicor isn't a solid holster but for me the hard wedge was a no go even after lengthy days and adding a flat vDev pad.

It did not have an issue tucking the grip as i believe the hard wedge and bar do an adequate job in that arena. I run my 43 with a +2 Vickers extension on the mag and it had no problems tucking the grip in.

Currently I'm using this and it seems to be a little more comfortable and adjustable for my liking

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the info. The Velo checks every box for me but that hard built-in wedge is a no go. I'm of the mindset that if I want a wedge I'll add a foam wedge.

User Tag List