Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Sellers View Post
    The vDev Small pad. Paid 10$ for it and it works as advertised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I will give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    The only thing I was hesitant about was an edge that looked like it might cause some chaffing but it would be worth trying.
    Attachment 28872
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    It digs into your pelvis and tucks in the rear of the holster which causes the dust cover portion of the holster to dig in the crease of your leg.
    With where I wear my holster (not Tenicor, but JM Kydex) combined with sitting all day, I have the same issues.

I removed the hardware and with a heat gun and heavy leather gloves, smoothly bent over the kydex layer that's nearer to the body, staying out of the bolt/spacer real estate. Then I glued a couple layers of 1/8 foam over the whole area, including the "wing" my holster has. It made a world of difference and is now all-day comfortable with a G17.

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    With where I wear my holster (not Tenicor, but JM Kydex) combined with sitting all day, I have the same issues.

I removed the hardware and with a heat gun and heavy leather gloves, smoothly bent over the kydex layer that's nearer to the body, staying out of the bolt/spacer real estate. Then I glued a couple layers of 1/8 foam over the whole area, including the "wing" my holster has. It made a world of difference and is now all-day comfortable with a G17.
    JMCK used to leave extra kydex on the body-side and molded it to cover the hardware gap. It was their standard option prior to the foam wedge revolution. I'm fairly certain you can still order them that way by choosing the custom option.

For the Tenicor, I'm going to try a single attachment next to see if that reduces pressure on the furthest point of the wedge. Truth be told, if I lost about 10 lbs, it might be fine as is but my taco storage facility creates a bit of outward torque and that's a conundrum that I'm not adult enough to confront.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I like the look of that OWB. So many pancake Kydex OWB holsters are so “busy”.

I have the 17/34 VELO updated AIWB with the discreet carry concepts hooks. I've been wearing it for about a week and like it. I also put a foam wedge over the build in the wedge (left over foam from a Keeper's holster).

With a 100% lifetime guarantee, give one a try if you are able. If you don't like it, return it.

Hey guys, thanks for your interest in the VELO. Like anything, I don't expect it will work for everyone. But I am confident that most people who prefer to carry just inside the hip point in the 1 to 1:30 range should find the VELO to work quite well.

- Subtle adjustments as little as 1/8" can make a significant difference in comfort and concealment. I'd encourage everyone to fine tune the ride height with very subtle changes. That is the purpose of the T1 clip.

- Also small adjustments in location along the belt line will make a difference. For a typically pair of jeans the VELO is probably best located by splitting the belt loop in-between the attachments. Body size and variations in pant loop location will effect this.

- If you are getting a hot spot from the wedge point, that means that it is not sitting flat against your lower abdomen. The roundness or flatness of your anatomy will affect how it sits. Again, try moving the holster laterally along the belt line until the wedge sits flat against your body. Additionally, when I put the holster on I usually give the grip a little inward rotation to get everything to line up just right and get the wedge to lay flat.

- As some of you have already found, just because the wedge is molded in doesn't mean you can't add to it. The wedge is intentionally molded to provide medium to low tuck. To modify the wedge, you can simply cushion it slightly with a piece of loop velcro, you can cushion it more and add additional tuck by adding something like the flat foam from VDEV (it works great). or you can go crazy and sculpt and shape a massive wedge to add to the VELO wedge. a few people have done this and it works quite well.

- And of course we do guarantee our stuff. If it breaks (everything does eventually) and you are not satisfied with how long it lasted, we will replace it. If it just doesn't fit right or you decided it was the stupidest holster ever designed by some dumbass that doesn't know anything, then we will take it back and refund your money.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just posted on arfcom the other day in regards to tenicor. Somebody was praising the company for most innovative holsters or what not. I tend to be very skeptical but after looking at his aiwb design I would try it out if I was in the market for a new one.

The only thing I was hesitant about was an edge that looked like it might cause some chaffing but it would be worth trying.
    Attachment 28872
    The purpose of the profile in the picture is to prevent the problem you are thinking it creates. We did not add material to create the round portion where the screws are. Some holsters cause chaffing because there is too much material (the dotted lines). We have removed as much material as possible (it is harder to manufacture this way) without compromising strength to reduce the foot bring and add comfort.
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

I've been using the VELO daily for several months now. I've carried an RMR'd G19.3, a G19.5, and a G17.4 in it with positive results. I ordered all 4 attachment methods to test out- closed soft loops, snap soft loops, metal overhook clips, and plastic clips; Tenicor has upgraded the metal overhook clips with some highly regarded metal clips from Discreet Carry Concepts and I don't see the plastic "Tuff clips" even being offered anymore. Both sets of soft loops work well and is what I was using on my last 2 AIWB holsters (JM Custom Kydex and Raven Eidolon) but the metal clips are what I've had on the last few months; it's quite secure on a 1.5" belt and easy on and off. I plan to try a couple Discreet Carry Concepts models in the near future. The raised section over the trigger guard acts similarly to the Raven claw without the added bulk and the built in wedge does a good job of tucking the grip; no hot spot for me personally but I did recently see some pics of neoprene wedges being added. I'm very happy with my VELO and will continue to wear it for the foreseeable future. I also bought the Tenicor FERO mag pouch but have only used it a half dozen times or so. I do like how it rides high on the belt and the integrated belt loops/slots keep bulk to a minimum. I don't have much need for another OWB pancake holster but I'll have an ARX on my hip before too long. I'm an unabashed Tenicor fanboy.

I have a velo for the g43 and g34 length and for my build and type of dress it's the only holster I'm actually able to conceal a g34 with. That coupled with the great customer service from tenicor makes it a winner in my book.

Just wanted to update this thread. I went ahead and purchased a Velo (17/34 length)

Initial impressions are very favorable I will give my feedback after a few weeks of carry. I have used many of the top AIWB out there and so far this one is the most comfortable.

User Tag List