Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

Tenicor Holsters and mag pouches

Tenicor, a new company in the kydex holster market, sent me a holster and mag pouch to check out. This was not random, I have known the owner, Jeff Mau, for many years now. When we met, he was building holsters for himself and some friends in his spare time. With the launch of Tenicor, he has moved into the major leagues. He is not hand molding stuff anymore, rather he is producing a limited lineup of things at the highest production quality, using top of the line equipment.

His first commercially available product is a pancake style OWB for the Glocks, as well as a single mag pouch.

Name:  20170129_102302.jpg
Views: 3351
Size:  55.1 KB

As Jeff well knows, I don't wear my gun or mag pouch in this fashion anymore. I think he sent it to me out of pity;-) Nonetheless, I have been wearing it and playing with it for a while now, and I really like it. The construction on the holster is as good as I have seen, but the design is what really stands out to me. I am a small guy, and holsters that are this big, and take up as much space as this one does, generally don't work for me. They are uncomfortable and don't conceal. Not so with this one, as it is quite comfortable and also conceals. It is also secure, yet very fast.

Just a footnote about Jeff. A couple of years after we met, the SME holster was released. The next SHOT, Jeff showed me a couple of prototype Kydex holsters that used an early, homemade version of the claw that Raven now produces. He was the first person I ever saw to try and replicate the butt tucking wing of the SME, but in kydex. As everyone now knows, kydex is not a great material for that particular application. At the time though, it was cutting edge. I think Jeff was the first to do it, and though they were not super durable, they did work.

I was fortunate to try out some of Jeff's early designs from both before that "kydex SME" and after. Though they were very functional, they were obviously made in his garage. Since he has a full time cool guy job, who can blame him. Tenicor changes all that, and as our other excellent kydex smiths here know, it isn't cheap to invest in the kind of equipment that Tenicor is using.

The mag pouch is also really nice, but I won't say too much about it as I know some changes have already been made. The angle at the top allows for a very nice grasp, and it rides tight to the belt, and at the right height as well.

The Tenicor website is not yet live, but it should be up any day now. If you are looking for these particular designs, you won't go wrong with the Tenicor offerings.

I'm going to ship my sample to a friend who actually carries this way normally, and see what he thinks. He posts here so hopefully he'll update this thread in a few weeks or so.

Site Supporter
    Look's a lot like the X-Concealment "C" Series holster. I've used a few of those over the last few years and they work well.

Tagging in for updates.
    #RESIST

I also have this holster and mag pouch and echo what SLG said. Jeff is a thoughtful guy. His products are good now and his offerings will surely continue to evolve.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Jeff is a good guy! He's built some custom holsters for us, well designed and very well made.

The way that pancake curves it reminds me of the Alabama Holster Company. I always preferred that way to the "wings" bolted to the rivets. Nice looking!

The website is live. If you're interested feel free to check it out. Thank!

www.tenicor.com
    Head of Development and Strategy, Tenicor

I'm usually spoken for when it comes to kydex, but I must have that mag pouch.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Look's a lot like the X-Concealment "C" Series holster. I've used a few of those over the last few years and they work well.
    It does. I'd be interested in knowing what sets it apart, having never owned nor used either one.
    Last edited by blues; 03-29-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Just wanted to bump this thread and ask if anyone has experience with their AIWB holsters?

User Tag List