Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Why Cats Suck thread

My cat is a sweetheart. She's also a natural born killer. Fortunately she seems to like me even though I'm just "staff".

This is his murder face:

Really they're all his murder face. I suppose cats may suck to some. He's such a strange creature for sure.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Chicken a la king

In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup of the butter, and saute the shallots until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour, and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Whisk in the sherry and broth and bring to a boil while stirring. Add the parsley and thyme sprigs, lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.

Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute the mushrooms until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce into mushrooms and season with the salt, pepper, cayenne, and nutmeg. Whisk in the creme fraiche.

Add the minced parsley, chicken, and chives to the sauce, and bring to a simmer. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over noodles, toast points, split baking powder biscuits or wrapped in crepes.

POACHED CHICKEN

Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breasts in a medium saucepan. Cover with the broth, and bring just to a boil. Lower the heat to very low and cover. Poach the chicken for 20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove the pan from the heat, uncover, and cool the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.

Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and reserve the liquid. Bone and skin the chicken and cut the meat into cubes. Discard the bones and skin.

Strain the broth and store, covered, in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove any fat from the surface of the broth before using.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings
    You can substitute cat in this. Just saying.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

You could open a fast food place and call it Kentucky Fried Cats
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    You could open a fast food place and call it Kentucky Fried Cats
    Been done. It was called Hunan something or other. I never saw a cat behind that shopping center. Ever. So cat may taste like General Tso's chicken if you fix it right.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Name:  8be.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  71.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ...my next door neighbor 'adopted' an adult male cat a few years ago. The cat attacked him, claw hugged his head and bit him in the eye. After 3 days in the hospital on IV antibiotics it looks like he will be ok.
    Here's an update on the neighbor and his evil cat. My wife walked by their place and can you guess what she saw through the window? Neighbor playing with the cat that sent him to the hospital and almost cost him an eye. The dude had his face right up to the cat, which was on the back of the couch. Definitely a case of toxoplasmosis ;-)
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Cats are work animals. They kill rodents. If you think your suburban puppy that just eats kibble and sit on your couch is more valuable, keep livin' the dream Shaggie.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    Cats are work animals. They kill rodents. If you think your suburban puppy that just eats kibble and sit on your couch is more valuable, keep livin' the dream Shaggie.
    Cats may have once been work animals. Now they just over populate and destroy wild fauna.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Humans may have once been work animals. Now they just over populate and destroy wild fauna.
    Fixed it for you.

User Tag List