Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rogers/Safariland Revolver Stocks

Site Supporter
    The first time I saw these stocks was at a PPC match in the mid 1970s. They were very popular with a number of shooters there. I thought about getting a pair but I was shooting a Ruger Secutrity-Six bull gun and I don't think they were making them for Rugers then. The picture posted earlier of a pair on a Ruger made me envious, except the bull gun is long gone. (smile)

Dave

Just saw this posted on a bookFace group dedicated to rotary gats.

Name:  98486206_10157294424256616_3193360699141128192_n.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  49.3 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    My first pair of Rogers grips I found in a junk box at an old gun shop. It’s funny that I don’t remember ever seeing the Rogers grips at gun shops back in the day but pachmyr rubber grips were often displayed. I have bought many Rogers/Safariland grips on EBay. They are getting more expensive as more people discover them.

I have a pair in black without a Rogers or Safariland trademark. The checkering is pretty soft. I wonder if they are copies, see below.

They also made 1911 grips out of the same material with a wraparound at the toe. A friend has hands just the right size for his pinkie to be cradled by that curl and he used them as long as he could find them. For some reason the auto grips were not very durable, usually breaking through the top left screw hole. There was a cheap knockoff made for a while, stippled instead of checkered and out of a black plastic that was even more brittle than the originals.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

This thread needs more j-frame pics.

User Tag List