Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rogers/Safariland Revolver Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Rogers needs to bring these grips back. I have acquired more than a few and I am always on the look out for more. I just bid on a NIB pair of Rogers grips for a J Frame on eBay. I didn’t win them. they sold for $107 bucks.
    That's not going to happen unfortunately. The material used for the stocks was discontinued. The closest alternative has a different shrinkage percentage and doesn't fir the guns properly. The dies are hideously expensive, somewhere in the neighborhood of new Toyota Tacoma, nicely equipped, expensive. Bill isn't interested in spending that sort of money for stocks that are at best, a bespoke accessory for a very small market.

As I understand it, Safariland purchased or somehow now owns the rights to this design and product. They also aren't interested in spending major bucks with a nonexistent return on their investment to satisfy a very small segment of the accessory purchasing consumers.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I had a set of Rodgers for one of my round butt K-frames. They were just fine, but I don't see the appeal to them in 2020 for anything but collectibles/nostalgia.

"Karma'd" mine over to @HCM, who appreciates them more than I do.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I had a set of Rodgers for one of my round butt K-frames. They were just fine, but I don't see the appeal to them in 2020 for anything but collectibles/nostalgia.

"Karma'd" mine over to @HCM, who appreciates them more than I do.
    Appeal, much like relevance, is in the hands of the user.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Boy if we could G10 versions of the Rogers stocks.....

Site Supporter
    So, were there Rogers grips made out of wood at some point?

I picked this wood set (ebony?) up a while back on a revolver and I just noticed how they had a near twin in my box of synthetic grips.

Pretty sure those wood ones are Hogue.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Site Supporter
    Ok, thanks, that was my original guess, but they aren't marked in any way and the design is basically an exact copy, so I was curious.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    Ok, thanks, that was my original guess, but they aren't marked in any way and the design is basically an exact copy, so I was curious.
    Those are some very old Hogues since they use a cross screw as a fastener. The Monogrip has been around a very long time and I'd guess those are 30 years plus old. They have also seen the wars. Were they on a duty gun?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I think that they were on a well worn 6” Model 14, but I would have to go back and check my records. I bought it used and sadly don’t know anything about the original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushytale View Post
    Search under the Safariland name also as they manufactured them for a time. I have scored both original Rogers and Safariland on EBAY as well.
    Ebay is the place. Picked up three sets over the last couple of years. Two are that nice golden brown, with one set on my 2" Model 15, and the other as a reserve. Also found a very dark brown set for
    a Ruger Service Six.

User Tag List