Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers/Safariland Revolver Stocks

Rogers/Safariland Revolver Stocks

I am a fan. I hate finger grooves on revolver stocks, for the most part, but these have the grooves in the right place, and the palm swells aren't ridiculous, either. The checkering is appropriately deep enough to give good purchase, but not abusive to carry. I also like how they have two pegs that interface to keep the stocks together, and don't solely rely on the fit to the frame and the screw for retention. And, oddly enough, it's like they were built to be used with speedloaders! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice-thanks for sharing. Can you post a left-grip view, so we can see the speedloader cut-out?

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    I really like them too. I wish they would make them again.

He's making them again for the LCR, apparently.

https://holsterops.com/products/roge...anced-lcr-grip

Forumites,

I first saw and handled these grips on an unusual (to me) vintage S&W Model 12 at a local gun store. It had a 4" barrel that had been ported, and sported a set of these stocks. The store proprietor couldn't tell me anything about the stocks (or sell them to me off the Model 12). I recently picked up a pair on eBay for about $35 and installed them on a 2" Model 15-3. I agree with Dr. House on the fit and feel of the grips in my hand.

My question is this: How durable are these, and what is the material they're made from? I mainly shoot wadcutters for practice and use the Speer 135 +p for carry ammo.

T-I-A

Chris Sheehy

Quote Originally Posted by csheehy View Post
    Forumites,

I first saw and handled these grips on an unusual (to me) vintage S&W Model 12 at a local gun store. It had a 4" barrel that had been ported, and sported a set of these stocks. The store proprietor couldn't tell me anything about the stocks (or sell them to me off the Model 12). I recently picked up a pair on eBay for about $35 and installed them on a 2" Model 15-3. I agree with Dr. House on the fit and feel of the grips in my hand.

My question is this: How durable are these, and what is the material they're made from? I mainly shoot wadcutters for practice and use the Speer 135 +p for carry ammo.

T-I-A

Chris Sheehy
    They are durable. Coworkers back in the day used them on their duty revolvers. They were, "THE," stocks to use. I think they're made out of some type of Bakelite. Darryl Bolke used them on his duty revolvers to great effect now. I haven't had any durability issues with mine, and I'm pretty hard on my carry pistols.

Site Supporter
    They are very durable; with hard use they will chip and scratch and look bad but are still serviceable. Every time I go into an old gun shop I look in their junk box looking for these grips. I have Rogers grips for model guns I don't even own. You never know. I am currently searching for a pair for a colt d frame. ie for a detective special.

Thanks, Dr. House, that's great news.

I really like the way they complement the blue steel, and as said above, they fit my hand better.

CJS

User Tag List