Thread: Hard Gun Case for Precision Rifle

Site Supporter

Hard Gun Case for Precision Rifle

Ok, I have the bolt action 6.5 Creedmoor and scope combo - now I need a better case to get back and forth to range and travel to long range facilities. Interested to see what other long range shooters are using for a "hard" long rifle case. Really looking for a hard case with a balance of value - good enough to protect the rifle-scope but at best price point.

I've found the larger pelican cases to be worth the money; several hundred dollars to protect a couple thousand worth of equipment and hours of setup time is well worth it.

I witnessed baggage handlers literally throw a Pelican 1770 from the cargo hold of an A320 onto the tarmac several meters below. No zero shift, no significant case damage.

They are very heavy when you add 10+ pounds of rifle.
    Last edited by TheRoland; 01-28-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Pretty boring answer, but Pelican/Storm have been my go to.

They are heavy as well as attention grabbing when travelling (Plain black and not covered in gun stickers is a must for me) but they have been super rugged and I like the wheels etc.

I generally ditch the foam and put the guns in soft cases from midway and then those go into the hard case.

I can fit 2 ARs or an AR and a Bolt Gun etc that way.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/93...cal-rifle-case

BH Photo has had the best prices for me, with free next day shipping to boot. They also have some models in stock for a lower cost without foam included which works for me.

Midway seems to be running a sale currently too so check them out.

Pelican Storm iM3300 -
    Midway $195 + oversize/irregular shipping
    BH - $210 shipped
    BH without foam - $180 shipped

Natchez is having a sale on some SKB cases. Regularly $300, on sale for $129.

https://www.natchezss.com/skb-i-seri...ifle-case.html

I bought one for my precision suppressed .22 trainer. I can leave the can and bipod on it with this case.

I have a pair of Hardigg cases for my two other precision rigs. I got them from a photography place that was going out of business. They used them to ship light stands to gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

I bought one for my precision suppressed .22 trainer. I can leave the can and bipod on it with this case.

I have a pair of Hardigg cases for my two other precision rigs. I got them from a photography place that was going out of business. They used them to ship light stands to gigs.
    +1 for SKB.

I have several and they are super sturdy and have withstood numerous flights/etc
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Have credit card, put the case in the "cart" and was told no sales to GA. Wow. I feel like a special snowflake now. (I think Natchez has other dealer arrangement for GA, AL, TN).

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Ordered. Thanks.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List