Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 201: Finding Your Level

Week 201: Finding Your Level

Results may be posted until February 27th, 2017.

Designed by CCT125US
    Range: 5yd
    Target: Shape Target V4 MOD (attached)
    Start position: varies
    Rounds fired: 10

This drill is designed to improve shooter accuracy and speed. Shapes can be shot in any order. You will need a shot timer for levels 2-4. When you can shoot a level clean, twice in a row, it is time to increase difficulty. When a shooter cleans level 4 twice, increase rd per shape by 1.

Please see the target for a further description of the various Levels.

Please report the following when you post your results in this thread:

Pistol and holster used (if applicable)
    Level attempted
    Hits for each shape

Please feel free to report multiple runs/advancing in levels.

Training with firearms is an inherently dangerous activity. Be sure to follow all safety protocols when using firearms or practicing these drills. These drills are provided for information purposes only. Use at your own risk.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Site Supporter
    Well, that should be fun. I can probably at least make a level 1, anyway.

Site Supporter
    Made level 1, couldn't get past it. Way too slow, and my accuracy isn't there for the par time yet.

Sig P226, 9mm
    JMCK George holster

Shot clean twice in a row - pic is of second run. Forgot I shot the 1" square to start, and shot it again. Ran Da/Sa for every shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh cool idea for the shoot off. I'm desiring to really work with 1911s this year to regain my feel with them as I fondly remember having in the 80's. But I've got this Gabe White school scheduled in April. So I'll pit my 9mm Operator agin my glorious RTF2 G19 on this, plus some Gabe pin tests to decide if I shift now or later.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    This is a great drill/test!

Gun: Gen4 G19

Level 1: passed
    Level 2: failed

I (embarrassingly) took too long on the third stage (3 shots to a 3" circle), but passed stages 1,2, and 4. Unfortunately I didn't have enough ammo left to try again.

I'll definitely be keeping this one in circulation.

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    This is a great drill/test!

Gun: Gen4 G19

Level 1: passed
    Level 2: failed

I (embarrassingly) took too long on the third stage (3 shots to a 3" circle), but passed stages 1,2, and 4. Unfortunately I didn't have enough ammo left to try again.

I'll definitely be keeping this one in circulation.
    My understanding of the drill was progression - pass a level twice before moving on, and the only way to get to 4 was doing 1-3 cleanly in the par. Each level consisted of all targets, broken to 4 strings.

If you look at the box with the level description, all shapes are shot at each level.

Last edited by jeep45238; 01-28-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Mr. Jones's giveaway incentives are working.

Fairly new here and new at focused training. I started out at Level 1 and 3 yds this morning. Moved to 4 where I stayed for several strings and will have to continue.

Pistol and holster used (if applicable) : Glock 19 Gen 4
    Level attempted : 1
    Hits for each shape : 1" 0/3, 2" 4/6, 3" 7 or 8/9, 4" 10 or 11/12

What's the standard criteria for a hit? Completely in the line, touching the line, etc?

I learned I need to score after each string. For example, I don't know where the missing 3rd round of the 1" square went. In the 4" circle or off the paper?

Name:  IMG_0871s.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  33.4 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    My understanding of the drill was progression - pass a level twice before moving on, and the only way to get to 4 was doing 1-3 cleanly in the par. Each level consisted of all targets, broken to 4 strings.

If you look at the box with the level description, all shapes are shot at each level.

I understood the drill. I passed level 1 twice, so I moved on to level two. I failed level 2:

1" square: 1/1
    2" circle: 2/2
    3" square: 3/3 (over time)
    4" circle: 4/4

Therefore I failed level two. I didn't proceed to level 3 as I hadn't passed level 2 and didn't have enough ammo to try again. I hope this clarifies. I should have broken down my hits as Mr White had instructed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zml342 View Post
    I understood the drill. I passed level 1 twice, so I moved on to level two. I failed level 2:

1" square: 1/1
    2" circle: 2/2
    3" square: 3/3 (over time)
    4" circle: 4/4

Therefore I failed level two. I didn't proceed to level 3 as I hadn't passed level 2 and didn't have enough ammo to try again. I hope this clarifies. I should have broken down my hits as Mr White had instructed.
    Just re-read, for some reason I saw level instead of stage in your post, my fault entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis View Post
    Mr. Jones's giveaway incentives are working.

Fairly new here and new at focused training. I started out at Level 1 and 3 yds this morning. Moved to 4 where I stayed for several strings and will have to continue.

Pistol and holster used (if applicable) : Glock 19 Gen 4
    Level attempted : 1
    Hits for each shape : 1" 0/3, 2" 4/6, 3" 7 or 8/9, 4" 10 or 11/12

What's the standard criteria for a hit? Completely in the line, touching the line, etc?

I learned I need to score after each string. For example, I don't know where the missing 3rd round of the 1" square went. In the 4" circle or off the paper?

Name:  IMG_0871s.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  33.4 KB
    The most common way is that if the grease ring touches the line, it's a hit.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List