Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Podcast Thread

Nothing firearms related

Cocaine and Rhinestones (country music history)
    Locked On: Miami Dolphins
    Swamp 247
    The Bridge (Travis Haley’s new podcast. Giving this a shot)

I’ve been really enjoying “The Grey Nato” lately; very watch-centric but good adventure/gear talk.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

The Presidents Daily Brief:
    Excellent podcast by a for CIA officer
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    For those interested, there's a new 'bible in a year' podcast that's been put out by Fr. Mike Schmidt. He's a popular and affable middle-of-the-road priest and I expect good commentary without the intellectualism you'd get if someone like Barron or William Lane Craig did it. He's teamed up with Jeff Cavins and is using his excellent timeline as a structure, which is an exceptionally good way to understand in particular the old testament; at the same time, I'd rather listen to Schmidt than Cavins.

Getting the bible read is something everyone should aspire to, regardless of your position on its contents; it is the most influential and referenced work in the history of literature, and it is a commonality of thought that covers most of the western world (living and dead).

I'll listen to an ep or two and update this if it's a loser, but it should be worth your time if you've got a commute (which is a weird concept these days).

https://open.spotify.com/show/4Pppt42NPK2XzKwNIoW7BR
    https://bibleinayear.fireside.fm/
    Search for 'ascension bible in a year' on apple.

Of course if you'd like it without the commentary, Johnny Cash reads the King James Version of the New Testament -- easy to dig up as an audiobook and a lot of fun. If you're only a little interested, dig on him reading the Gospel of John sometime. Heavy metal.
    As a follow up, I did the whole thing last year, and it was very good. I have repeated some sections this year. I underestimated Schmidt by calling him middle of the road — not so much, see the commentary on John 6 — but I was dead right about affable. Must listen for pretty much anybody, and makes a good topic for a weekly men’s group as it turns out.
    Ignore Alien Orders

This is a good podcast put out a month or so ago on the background and history of Xi Jinping: The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping. It's 8 parts plus a bonus episode and each episode is 30-40 minutes.

I found it on Spotify but it looks like it's on a other platforms as well.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Over the past few months I've been enjoying Conflicted: A History Podcast

The 4 part series on the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the aftermath (Ghosts in the Mountains: The Soviet-Afghan War – Part 1) is great as is the 6 part series he just wrapped up on the partition of India that resulted in the creation of Pakistan (The Partition of India – Part 1: End of Empire )
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    For those interested, there's a new 'bible in a year' podcast that's been put out by Fr. Mike Schmidt
    i wound listening to the whole thing, sometimes day after day, and sometimes getting behind and then catching up on road trips. It was complete within ‘21 and was rebroadcast as it were in ‘22; I didn’t listen through but re-listened to specific things, probably about 25% of the work.

obviously I thought it was worth my time. The commentary was excellent, ‘middle of the road’ but relatable and often profound.

this year Schmitz is doing the Catechism. I have been with it daily and it’s delivering. If you want to know what most Christians believe, it’s documented here.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...z/id1648949780
    https://media.ascensionpress.com/all...year-episodes/
    Ignore Alien Orders

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Any comedy/humor recommendations that my wife and I can listen to on our 5 mile ambles?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Blocked and Reported
    Hillsdale Dialogues
    Jocko
    SOG Cast: These are amazing stories of the MACVSOG era. These men had nerves of steel and ice water in their veins. I grew up reading these books--so great to hear them--from the participants--now.
    Serial
    Sold a Story (Education-related but written for everyone, and fascinating)
    The Agent was really good: KGB sleeper agent comes in from the cold.
    Martyr Made
    The Glenn Show: Smart, entertaining, thoughtful and though-provoking talk and commentary between Prof. Glenn Loury and (often) Prof. John McWhorter
    JBP, especially his older stuff--the lectures.

User Tag List