Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast Thread

CIvilian Carry Radio is good. Audio is a struggle often, but good guests and content.

Practically Tactical is good, but become a bit too host focused. They went behind the paywall of Patreon. I followed and got a good episode with Chuck Haggard. Taking it month by month for now.

JOCKO is good to borderline masterpieces when it’s book focused. But QA seems like a long advertisement for his book and consulting business. Interviews are okay, but episode 100 on Musashi, the novel, was a deep disappointment due to Tim Ferris.

The Argument from the nytimes is good so far.

Partially Examined Life has some very good episodes, but sadly the ones on the Stoics tend to suck.

Conversations with Tyler, Econ Talk, Thinking in Time, Mindscape, and Rationally Speaking are nearly always top notch.

Waking Up with Sam Harris has great episodes but I stopped listen8ng to it a few months ago.
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 12-19-2018 at 08:24 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Cleared Hot Podcast, Andy Stumpf
    Mike Drop Podcast, Mike Ritland
    Police K9 Radio, Gregg Tawney
    Forward Observer Radio, Sam Culper

@AsianJedi just released his second episode of Modern Samurai Project Podcast with Les Peperonni. I got out of the episode and look forward to more. It’s shaping up to be a very good podcast. It’s on YouTube and limited podcast apps. I think he’a still waiting on iTunes approval.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @AsianJedi just released his second episode of Modern Samurai Project Podcast with Les Peperonni. I got out of the episode and look forward to more. It’s shaping up to be a very good podcast. It’s on YouTube and limited podcast apps. I think he’a still waiting on iTunes approval.
    Glad you dig it so far. It’s up on iTunes, YouTube, and Spreaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

American History Tellers - I've listened to all but the most recent "season."

Business Wars - So far I've only listened to the first "season," "Netflix vs Blockbuster," but it was great.

Site Supporter
    Just subscribed to it on iTunes and listened to the show with Les. Good stuff. I'm starting the episode with Jose Gordon right now am looking forward to it (Jose is one of those guys that anytime he does an interview/panel/whatever, I'm gonna listen).

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Business Wars - So far I've only listened to the first "season," "Netflix vs Blockbuster," but it was great.
    Okay, that one looks really cool. I'm adding it to the list.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Here is what I currently subscribe to:

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Thanks for this David. I had heard of this and wanted to book mark it to listen at the gym tomorrow morning.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    Okay, that one looks really cool. I'm adding it to the list.
    So the topics on business wars have been really good, but when 7 1/2 minutes of a 33 minute podcast is intros, credits, and ads (mostly ads) . . . it’s a little irritating. The Netflix vs Blockbuster/HBO was really interesting though.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Bourbon Pursuit.

User Tag List