Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast Thread

Didnt read all the way back through (on my phone) but not sure Mike Ritland has been mentioned?
    Enjoyed several, but Laura Logan is where I would recommend starting:

https://www.google.com/podcasts?feed...lsdHJvXzEueG1s

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I know right? Rogan mentioned several times about his interest in courses and were they available in CA etc. I wish Pat would have picked up on the “I’d like some private training” hints from Rogan because nothing but good can come from one of the most widely influential pro 2A voices receiving top quality training.
    Yeah, he certainly seemed to miss the hints that Rogan was dropping, I fervently hope that Rogan takes a class. Man, that was a short podcast, kinda disappointing.
    #RESIST

I thought it went short as well. Looks like Joe Rogan had two in a row scheduled yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    I know right? Rogan mentioned several times about his interest in courses and were they available in CA etc. I wish Pat would have picked up on the “I’d like some private training” hints from Rogan because nothing but good can come from one of the most widely influential pro 2A voices receiving top quality training.
    Dude should just go see Uncle Scotty. Maybe he gives a podcaster discount; I know Sam Harris has trained pretty extensively with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatMac would not be the instructor I'd recommend a novice non-mil/leo to for a first firearms class. From reviews of PatMac's classes, civilians get the least attention, and Mac is pretty hands off as is.

I'm surprised Rogan hasn't looked upon Taran Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    PatMac would not be the instructor I'd recommend a novice non-mil/leo to for a first firearms class. From reviews of PatMac's classes, civilians get the least attention, and Mac is pretty hands off as is.

I'm surprised Rogan hasn't looked upon Taran Butler.
    As a mere mortal, that wasn’t my experience in Pat Mac’s classes but I took those roughly 6 years ago. He was extremely hands-on, engaged and willing to instruct me. Granted, I didn’t hang out on the end of the line and wait for him to come to me as I’ve seen some students do. I got more than my money’s worth.

Concerning the podcast, I thought Pat’s appearance on TNQ was better. Not sure why...

MartyrMade Podcast posted dropped an episode in June that looks at the Civil Rights movement of the late 50's and 60's. It could be a standalone, but it's part 3 of a series on Jim Jones and his Peoples Temple movement.
    David S.

"The way I heard it" with Mike Rowe is one of my favorite podcasts. He refers to it as the podcast for people with a short attention span. They're short 10-15 minute podcasts about some figure or event. It reminds me a lot of how Paul Harvey presented his shows. If you're a Mike Rowe fan check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    "The way I heard it" with Mike Rowe is one of my favorite podcasts. He refers to it as the podcast for people with a short attention span. They're short 10-15 minute podcasts about some figure or event. It reminds me a lot of how Paul Harvey presented his shows. If you're a Mike Rowe fan check it out.
    I second this. He said in the first one it's an homage to Paul Harvey's The Rest of the Story. I listened to all 140 episodes over 2 weeks at work...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I don’t have much to add to the ones that have already been listed. I listen to many of those. I particularly love Prof CJ’s older stuff. I like most of the intellectual dark web hosts (Sam Harris, Jordan Peterson, Ben Shapiro, etc.), though I’m not a huge Joe Rogan fan. I love to listen to most of his guests, so I end up listening, but I’m just not a big fan of his.

I’ve kind grown tired of the warrior-poet-type podcasts. There was a huge era from 2000-2015 where I read everything I could get my hands on and people were generating all sorts of new ideas or new takes on old material. I learned a lot at one point, but it all sort of blends together today and rehashes the same points. I used to love VTAC, Mike Seeklander, Jocko Willink, Primary & Secondary, etc., but it just doesn’t do anything for me anymore.

Some unrelated “other” podcasts that I really like:
    -“Antidotes, Stories in Medicine” is a medical podcast about bizarre and fascinating medical stories or odd medical jobs.
    -“Classic Movie Recall” is two film experts (a director and a film historian) review classic film from the golden age of cinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List