Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Podcast Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    I’ve kind grown tired of the warrior-poet-type podcasts. There was a huge era from 2000-2015 where I read everything I could get my hands on and people were generating all sorts of new ideas or new takes on old material. I learned a lot at one point, but it all sort of blends together today and rehashes the same points. I used to love VTAC, Mike Seeklander, Jocko Willink, Primary & Secondary, etc., but it just doesn’t do anything for me anymore.
    I had exactly the same thought, but you explained it better

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr3 View Post
    I'm surprised Rogan hasn't looked upon Taran Butler.
    I think I recently saw that he did but I cannot find a link.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think I recently saw that he did but I cannot find a link.
    He did. I think he's doing some lessons with him; his Sober October deal this year was to take 10 lessons in something you've never done or something like that.
    From his IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3IbEXUF...d=tpjzuqaqjtlj

Pretty nice recoil control too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #137 - Scott Lavin, Wildlife Recreation Branch Chief, AZGFD

If you're in Arizona, you really ought to give this a listen. If you're not, you still really ought to give this a listen.

Freddie Blish and Kyle Lamb are guest co-hosts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittma...ed_legislation
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/2591
    https://nationaldeeralliance.com/edi...d-conservation

Student

Civilian Carry Radio #149 - Scott Lavin, Wildlife Recreation Branch Chief, AZGFD

Scott, Freddie, and Kyle are back to talk about banning of lead ammunition for hunting, and the larger theme of the importance of recognizing and sharing with others that wildlife conservation, outdoor recreation, firearms and ammunition industries, and the national economy (and destiny) are all intertwined with one another.

Beauty & the Beta on YouTube and via podcast is really good.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Rogan
    Jocko
    Dark Horse
    This Past Weekend
    Real AF
    Fieldcraft Survival

Episode 207 of Making Sense with Sam Harris- I normally find Harris pretty tiresome, but gave this one a listen and am about halfway through it.
    He tries to present the actual facts about police killings, racial violence, etc. It's all the info that we should be hearing loud and clear from every news outlet, yet is completely absent.
    I think it would be a good resource to recommend for someone who is totally unfamiliar with how policing and violence actually works, and is only getting the mainstream media/BLM slant (which is pretty much all there is these days).

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Started this one last week, well worth the time so far (IMO) : Legends of the Old West Podcast

I just finished the episode on the OK Corral gunfight which is part 3 of the 5 part series on Tombstone. I really, REALLY want one of those stainless bird’s head Vaqueros in .45 now...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I will be picking up James Lindsay's new book after listening to JRE #1501. He had more background on the current hysteria than I've heard from anyone else.

ETA: Recently found, Hold These Truths w/ Dan Crenshaw. He has some pretty interesting guests and isn't a bad interviewer.

User Tag List