Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Ejection Without Magazine

Usually adding a WML on a Glock stiffens the frame, which increases slide velocity. That's why Gen 3 .40s got such a bad rap when they were ran with WMLs. Guns that functioned fine without a light would have ejection/cycling problems when a WML was introduced.
    Shoot more, post less...

I'm not sure if this adds anything to the thread, but on Ruger 10-22's the ejector is on the magazine.

I ran this test several years ago with several different Glock 17's. Gen 2, 3 and 4. 3 pistols passed the test. The common thing on them was that they all had 13# RSA's. After switching to a factory 17# RSA they failed part time.

I tried my early G43 last night.

It ejects perfectly without a magazine every time. It ejects like my HK P2000. Tosses 'em in a pile way out at about 3:30-4:00.

Tried this with my G19 Gen 4 and shield 9, which are my two main carry guns. Out of 15 rounds , the glock had 2 stovepipe and 3 cases fall out of the magwell. This is with all stock parts. In the past I've had occasional rounds hit me, ie. 1 in every 200 or so, but I've never had a malfunction.

The shield I found interesting. There were no malfunctions, but all 15 ejected through the magwell. Not sure what to make of that in a shield...

Ammo was mostly lawman 147gr with a few old 147 hst's thrown in to see if it was any different with duty ammo. It wasnt.
    Last edited by VT1032; 02-19-2017 at 11:49 PM.

I tried this test with three pistols this weekend. Ammo was Hornady 135-grain +P. Pistols were a Beretta PX4CC MOD 0, Robar Franken!Glock 19, and Robar Franken!Glock 26. Each pistol was tested five times as I had a single spare magazine of ammo from my carry P30 I wanted to use. Each passed the test every time, and that surprised me. I expected the Glock pistols to fail because each, per the name, is cobbled together. Each Glock was bought used as just a stripped Gen. 3 Robar grip-reduced frame and stripped slide with sights, I bought factory barrels, and a local Glock LEO armorer sourced the rest of the parts and put them together for me. All parts are Glock, and the only unusual feature is the extended slide release lever on each gun. The pistols are older as the G19's serial prefix is KVM and the G26's is LFC.

I did note that the PX4CC ejection is extremely consistent. Not so much with the Glock pistols.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I think it's going to take a complete re-design of the extractor assembly to get a Glock to eject like a HK, Sig, Beretta or a well-tuned 1911.
    And THIS is likely the best thing said on this whole issue. Unfortunately, I doubt it will happen.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-20-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

While a lot of folks are fans of the short SIG external extractor, and I really don't know enough about the difference between the short and long SIG extractor, it seems like there are an awful lot of successful ejecting guns using a much longer external extractor, Beretta, HK, S&W (metal guns, including their 1911's, and poly guns), Ruger, SIG's 1911's, etc.

Interestingly, Kimber's foray into the external extractor on their 1911's looked very much like Glock's. It didn't work very well for Kimber.

Site Supporter
    We still haven't heard about any extractor changes in the 17M & 19M.

Site Supporter
    An update on my experience with Glocks ejecting without a magazine. Today I shot my Gen4 19 with Apex extractor- perfect 5/5 ejection 4 feet or so at 4 o'clock with no magazine. Gen4 17 with Apex extractor- perfect 5/5 with no magazine. New purchase Gen4 26 with factory extractor- complete fail without a magazine- 8/10 fell down the mag well and the other 2 were "deep" stovepipes (just barely caught by the slide before going down the mag well). I will be ordering an Apex extractor asap for this one. Another curiosity with the 26- failure to lock back on an empty mag about 2/5 attempts. And no, I'm not hitting the slide stop lever. This occurred with Blazer brass 115 gr. When I shot 124+P Gold Dots it locked back every time. I'm wondering if the 26 recoil spring assembly is not a little over sprung. I've never seen this issue with my 19 or 17s.
    Last edited by msstate56; 02-25-2017 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    An update on my experience with Glocks ejecting without a magazine. Today I shot my Gen4 19 with Apex extractor- perfect 5/5 ejection 4 feet or so at 4 o'clock with no magazine. Gen4 17 with Apex extractor- perfect 5/5 with no magazine. New purchase Gen4 26 with factory extractor- complete fail without a magazine- 8/10 fell down the mag well and the other 2 were "deep" stovepipes (just barely caught by the slide before going down the mag well). I will be ordering an Apex extractor asap for this one. Another curiosity with the 26- failure to lock back on an empty mag about 2/5 attempts. And no, I'm not hitting the slide stop lever. This occurred with Blazer brass 115 gr. When I shot 124+P Gold Dots it locked back every time. I'm wondering if the 26 recoil spring assembly is not a little over sprung. I've never seen this issue with my 19 or 17s.
    On the Apex website it says that the Apex extractor has not been tested or it is not intended for the G26. I have a G26 I would like to install one in but have been to lazy to contact Apex to ask them about this. Anyone here installed the Apex extractor in a G26 with success?

User Tag List