Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Ejection Without Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    On the Apex website it says that the Apex extractor has not been tested or it is not intended for the G26. I have a G26 I would like to install one in but have been to lazy to contact Apex to ask them about this. Anyone here installed the Apex extractor in a G26 with success?
    Yes, and I actually spoke to Alex about it--they told me the issue is cosmetic as opposed to performance-related, because supposedly the extractor sticks out a bit in some guns and can affect holster fit in tight kydex holsters. The G26 I have left has an Apex extractor, as did my former G26, and both run fine and fit fine in holsters. I had a third 2014 or 2015 G26 that was wonky even with the Apex, and that was pretty much killed my hope and love for Glock (having had 3 9mm guns with major issues and the majority, if not all other 9mm guns having brass to face issues) completed the push to HK as my primary carry--it got sold to a friend with disclosure.

Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    Yes, and I actually spoke to Alex about it--they told me the issue is cosmetic as opposed to performance-related, because supposedly the extractor sticks out a bit in some guns and can affect holster fit in tight kydex holsters. The G26 I have left has an Apex extractor, as did my former G26, and both run fine and fit fine in holsters. I had a third 2014 or 2015 G26 that was wonky even with the Apex, and that was pretty much killed my hope and love for Glock (having had 3 9mm guns with major issues and the majority, if not all other 9mm guns having brass to face issues) completed the push to HK as my primary carry--it got sold to a friend with disclosure.
    Thank you for replying.

Wayne - Thanks for posting your recommendations. I sold a troublesome early Gen 4 19 (with full disclosure to the buyer) and bought a new Gen 4 19 for my daughter. Buckshot installed the recommended parts. The new pistol has better, more consistent ejection without a mag than the old one did with a mag. It is also noticeably more accurate. If anyone else has a Glock 19 that you're not 100% satisfied with, I encourage you to follow Wayne's advice and move on to a different one. I'm glad I did. Now I see why so many people like Glock 19s.

I only read the first page of this thread so I apologize in advance if this was covered. We do a "one in the pipe drill" where we load one, pop the mag out and fire 2 with the second trigger pull being an empty chamber. Basically a variant of a dummy drill. Our groups are primarily shooting Gen4 G17's and Gen4 G19's. We very much see the G4 G19's having more occurrences with this and way more stove pipe situations than the G4 G17's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I've seen some high speed video of these extraction failings on guns with magazines on board and will try to locate it again. That old saying of a picture being worth a thousand words is true. When you see that case pop free during extraction, it gives you a sick feeling.
    Is this the video you were talking about? (link)
    Last edited by Super77; 03-22-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Site Supporter
    No, but thanks!! It shows the problem perfectly.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

I'm new to the Glock world as an owner. G17 Gen 4. Couple thousand rounds. Notice some anemic ejections. Try test with 10 rds. Failed. 3 stovepipes, 6 trickled out magazine area, 1 ejection. Answers what if observed as a range officer with stovepipe malfunctions I've observed.

Found this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fr5ccyriJI

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    I'm new to the Glock world as an owner. G17 Gen 4. Couple thousand rounds. Notice some anemic ejections. Try test with 10 rds. Failed. 3 stovepipes, 6 trickled out magazine area, 1 ejection. Answers what if observed as a range officer with stovepipe malfunctions I've observed.

Found this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fr5ccyriJI
    I don't know what that video is all about, but that Glock pretty clearly did not have an ejector. Also the comments made me shake my head. Wow. Note to self: Stay away from youtube comments.

I tried Wayne's test today with a Glock 43. It had just been cleaned and I used my own reloads plus Federal P9HST4. No Bueno, they either fall down the magwell or quasi stovepipes. It doesn't appear that there is a different extractor (33376) for the 43.
    Any ideas other that packing my new Smif 25-11?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    I tried Wayne's test today with a Glock 43. It had just been cleaned and I used my own reloads plus Federal P9HST4. No Bueno, they either fall down the magwell or quasi stovepipes. It doesn't appear that there is a different extractor (33376) for the 43.
    Any ideas other that packing my new Smif 25-11?
    does the gun function when it has its magazine in place?

User Tag List