Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Ejection Without Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I agree that having to pay for the extractor, bearing, shipping etc is off-putting but if it has to go back to Glock after I test again and if it doesn't fix the issue, I'll have to bite the bullet or retire the gun. (Which may still have to happen, but I hope not.)

It does give me pause, however, from taking another chance on Glock despite my recent purchase of the Gen4 G17 which has been without a hiccup.
    Your not the only one. I've really been considering moving back to my LEM guns because I'm too nervous to grab a second g19. Too many of my friends have gotten one and reported negatively on out of the box performance.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Your not the only one. I've really been considering moving back to my LEM guns because I'm too nervous to grab a second g19. Too many of my friends have gotten one and reported negatively on out of the box performance.
    What scares me is what I'm going to do down the road if and when my trusty Gen 2.5 G26 needs repair or upgrade.

As it is now I'm concerned about adding another Blue Label G26 despite generally hearing good things...but I need a compact or sub-compact as a G17 isn't going to cut it for EDC for me. Not all year round in any case and I'm not comfortable enough with the J-frame lifestyle to go 642 all the time.
    Last edited by blues; 04-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

^^^ To clarify my "like", I appreciated the story, not that I was happy with what happened. Hope it works out for you, blues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I recently installed a 13lb recoil spring in my Glock 34 and did the ejection test without a magazine. It went 10/10 and everything landed in a nice little pile around 3-4 o clock.

I'm wondering if a lighter recoil spring is a potential solution or I'm just a lone example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    ^^^ To clarify my "like", I appreciated the story, not that I was happy with what happened. Hope it works out for you, blues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That was understood, Rich, but thanks for being the kind of guy who wanted to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I just got one that does the lawn sprinkler ejection pattern. Only one or two out of 250 went to my face but I did notice some +p gold dots going over my head (and one down the back of my shirt [emoji35]). I didn't think much of it until I noticed some of my brass to the left of where I was standing, starting watching it and saw it going all over the place.

I have apex parts on the way, hopefully that fixes it. If it does I'll probably get another one or two more 19s.

Oh who am I kidding? I'll probably get more either way. I keep coming back to G19s like a battered trailer park wife.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    I recently installed a 13lb recoil spring in my Glock 34 and did the ejection test without a magazine. It went 10/10 and everything landed in a nice little pile around 3-4 o clock.

I'm wondering if a lighter recoil spring is a potential solution or I'm just a lone example.

Are you running a stock striker spring? I've read a few reports of the slide being pulled out of battery as the trigger is pressed when using a stock striker spring and 13# recoil spring.
    Shoot more, post less...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I just got one that does the lawn sprinkler ejection pattern. Only one or two out of 250 went to my face but I did notice some +p gold dots going over my head (and one down the back of my shirt [emoji35]). I didn't think much of it until I noticed some of my brass to the left of where I was standing, starting watching it and saw it going all over the place.

I have apex parts on the way, hopefully that fixes it. If it does I'll probably get another one or two more 19s.

Oh who am I kidding? I'll probably get more either way. I keep coming back to G19s like a battered trailer park wife.

I love that analogy on the G19. I carry one that has the full treatment discussed here. It runs perfectly, passes the tests and I don't care about it a bit. It's like my weedeater: does a job and has no allure at all.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 04-26-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Are you running a stock striker spring? I've read a few reports of the slide being pulled out of battery as the trigger is pressed when using a stock striker spring and 13# recoil spring.
    Yes all the springs are stock. I haven't seen that issue so far in live or dry fire. It's just a competition gun. But I am considering trying a 15lb recoil spring in my carry Glock to see if it helps the ejection instead of dropping a lot more on the white sound or apex stuff.

"Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Okay...just back from my neighbor's range.

Fired 47 rounds of American Eagle 115gr FMJ.
    15 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr (standard pressure)
    15 rounds of Blazer 115gr left over in a Magpul 15 round mag.

G19 fired normally. No FTF / FTE, no double feeds, no failure lock back on empty mag, no unusual ejection pattern.

The Blazer was noticeably more anemic than the AE which, as to be expected, was less emphatic than the Gold Dots.

All rounds were grouping acceptably around POA.

So...much better news than I reported earlier. Either I had a bad box of Blazer yesterday, or I was holding the gun like a girly man. (Or the gun really, really needed to be cleaned. Doubt that though.)

User Tag List