Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Ejection Without Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'd like to say yes, but alas, I'm too young to have carried a hanky as a kid. :-)
    I'd tell you to fuck off but I'm too old and slow to get away!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Ha! When I was issued a Springfield Pro, the gunsmith at my transition school was kind enough to fit a spare extractor for me when I asked for one. Never had a reason to use it, and I also had two spare pros on hand all the time. Do I pass or fail?
    You freaking pass! Anybody who is well informed and carrying a 1911 for a duty gun has an extra extractor that is fitted and tested for their pistol.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    You freaking pass! Anybody who is well informed and carrying a 1911 for a duty gun has an extra extractor that is fitted and tested for their pistol.
    Especially those who can STILL do well with a 1911... Good for them. I happen to know some who, like me, have lost much energy and have had to carry smaller/lighter pistol... HK P30SK, in my situation.

Of course, long ago I figured out that 1911s were not for me... not enough burrets in the piece, just in case. :-)

You Texas po-lice of course came through as much bad stuff- or more - as we did. So guys like you get authorized as far as I am concerned. Most of the current youngsters don't think we understand. That's okay... We know.

I've used the only fix for this that has worked most of the time: Apex extractor, their spring and a Gen 4 #30274 ejector..
    Thanks for being specific Wayne. The only Glock I have ever purchased - my daughter's early Gen 4 G19 - has always had some ejection issues. I'll give these parts a try.

Site Supporter
    And, Keith, also a non-LCI spring loaded bearing in that package. Forgot to list that on the latest list.

And, Keith, also a non-LCI spring loaded bearing in that package. Forgot to list that on the latest list.
    Thanks Wayne. I'll make sure that gets added as well.
    Last edited by KG; 02-12-2017 at 10:30 PM.

OK, noobie questions coming up!

A non LCI bearing would not include this that's discussed here?

If that's not the bearing to order, can someone recommend one that is please?

And would a non LCI bearing mean that the LCI would no longer function? Not that press checking is difficult, I find myself doing both.

As a caveat, my G4 G17 has the 30274 and the 024 RSA, I will check the extraction with no magazine next time I'm at the range, I have not noticed any BTF in the 2500+ rounds I have thru the gun but as I shoot indoors, brass will occasionally bounce back at me from the divider between lanes. I'll run the test and make a decision as to whether I wish to change the parts and run the test again at 7500 rounds.

(ETA, I am not even sure the link the the White Sound HRED is even the same thing, are we talking about something like this?)
    Last edited by hiro; 02-12-2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: I am confused...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    OK, noobie questions coming up!

A non LCI bearing would not include this that's discussed here?

If that's not the bearing to order, can someone recommend one that is please?

And would a non LCI bearing mean that the LCI would no longer function? Not that press checking is difficult, I find myself doing both.

As a caveat, my G4 G17 has the 30274 and the 024 RSA, I will check the extraction with no magazine next time I'm at the range, I have not noticed any BTF in the 2500+ rounds I have thru the gun but as I shoot indoors, brass will occasionally bounce back at me from the divider between lanes. I'll run the test and make a decision as to whether I wish to change the parts and run the test again at 7500 rounds.

(ETA, I am not even sure the link the the White Sound HRED is even the same thing, are we talking about something like this?)
    I was initially pleased with the HRED, but later found it failing in the same way as OEM parts. We're talking about replacing major parts of your extractor "train", so if you install the entire package, your loaded chamber indicator extractor is no longer on the gun. The parts that we install are: Apex Tactical Extractor, the extractor spring they include, a non-LCI spring loaded bearing and a Gen 4 ejector (part 30274) if you don't already have the Gen 4 ejector. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 02-12-2017 at 11:19 PM.

I was initially pleased with the HRED, but later found it failing in the same way as OEM parts. We're talking about replacing major parts of your extractor "train", so if you install the entire package, your loaded chamber indicator extractor is no longer on the gun. The parts that we install are: Apex Tactical Extractor, the extractor spring they include, a non-LCI spring loaded bearing and a Gen 4 ejector (part 30274) if you don't already have the Gen 4 ejector. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.
    Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the offer of help via PM.

Searching Brownell's found this.

I have the 30274, I'll run the test and see how things are shaking out, being relatively new to this I would rather not be changing out major pieces.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the offer of help via PM.

Searching Brownell's found this.

I have the 30274, I'll run the test and see how things are shaking out, being relatively new to this I would rather not be changing out major pieces.
    That's the part I was referring to, however DO NOT put that in your gun with the stock extractor you have now. It only goes with their very old (Gen 2) extractors and the Apex part.

User Tag List