Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: More YouTube fun!!

Do you guys use live rounds when doing the drills at the beginning of the vid?
    juki009 6 months ago

@juki009 Yes, everything we do is with live ammunition. Only performed after the student has undergown several classes with G1 instructors and has been taught the actions before being attempted with Live ammunition.

I was thinking driving home, we use to say "That training will get you killed". Now we have to say "That training will kill you."
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Dude... that was epically funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jlweems View Post
    I am speechless. Just Fing speechless.

Site Supporter
    As funny as the situation as "the guy" that came out to make remarks about liking parts of nutnfancy.

I got 24 seconds into that video before I had to pause it to reply on the stupidity. I just can't believe people do crap like that.
    Last edited by BWT; 12-06-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Holy shit. Just what the hell makes people think this is "effective" training? Calling the hand-to-hand sequences "bullshit" would be the masterpiece of an understatement. Just knocking a guy's arm away after he tried to take your weapon, presumably to kill you? To me, that's them demanding I dislocate their elbow and shoulder at the very least. The whole "jab him in the throat and smack him in the head in a fast 1-2 combo" wouldn't work if you really lit someone up. And I'm more than certain I could break loose of that "instructor's" hold and wreck his shit without needing a weapon. That's not taking into account the "students" ignoring the opening to destroy the attacker's hands during the "rifle fighting" bit. And the safety issues...

This is just... I feel like falling into a fit of Joker-esque psychotic laughter whenever I see shit like this...

We are diminished
    As a rule, I try not to comment about other instructors. However, there are two things that immediately came to my mind that should be obvious to anyone:

Using live weapons pointed at or near resisting human training opponents is utterly unacceptable.

Anyone who thinks you'll need a followup smack from the flashlight after throat punching someone at full force with your muzzle has clearly never seen the effects of a full power muzzle strike.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Anyone who thinks you'll need a followup smack from the flashlight after throat punching someone at full force with your muzzle has clearly never seen the effects of a full power muzzle strike.
    This is not a comment about these specific techniques, but rather about the concept of redundancy when you're fighting. Just because one strike would do debilitating damage if it landed perfectly is not a good reason to omit immediate follow up attacks. In the chaos and rapid movement often present in hand to hand conflict, it is wise to hit repeatedly. In much the same way, it is a good idea to fire several shots at an attacker, even though the first shot could do the trick if it conveniently passed through the heart and severed the spine.

Please note that I am in no way, shape, or form defending the "tactical Darwinism" shown in the video.

Who is the bigger looser? The guy who asks you to stand down range to show "trust" or the guy who does it?

This is the worst video I have ever seen. Video game generation run a muck.

This discussion prompted me to search YouTube for "muzzle strike", I think the REAL tragedy is that this video only has 369 views as of posting:

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!!

User Tag List