Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Notes on high round count shotguns from one of the nation's most popular ranges

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I had an 18 inch M4 five years ago, and it was unreliable, with frequent stoppages. I now have a 14 inch M4 and it has been completely reliable.
    What kind of stoppages did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    What kind of stoppages did you have?
    It has been a while, but the next round would not feed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

It has been a while, but the next round would not feed.
    Was this the last or next to last round in a 7 round tube? Was it a low recoil load or a heavy load?

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    When he's referring to the "forks" on the Mossberg 500, is he referring to the action arms that are part of the foreend or the long metal bits that sit on either side of the bottom of the receiver near the opening of the magazine tube?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    I suspect he is referring to the cartridge stop, and the cartridge interrupter.

I've had to replace a cartridge stop.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 09-20-2017 at 01:13 PM.

I love Ron and his posts on AR-15. It's amazing to hear some of his reports about stuff and what parts break and what parts just aren't worth repairing.

His whole post about how Palmetto State Armory uppers working just as well as the high dollar ARs was pretty cool to hear.

I read this post not long after he put it up and it really made me realize I probably don't ever need a shotgun because the one shotgun he said will run forever the M4 I often hear reports on other forums about how it's not that reliable. At least on the Brian Enos forums the general consensus with any out of the box shotgun is that in order to get it to run you're going to have to send it off to someone that knows the gun well to get it to run and that is discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Was this the last or next to last round in a 7 round tube? Was it a low recoil load or a heavy load?
    It has been some years, but my recollection is the stock tube (four or five rounds), no pattern as to what round position, and it was with high brass bird shot and non low recoil buck.

It has been some years, but my recollection is the stock tube (four or five rounds), no pattern as to what round position, and it was with high brass bird shot and non low recoil buck.
    Interesting. I got nothing. I have owned half a dozen, and they are all flawless performers, even with remington STS target loads (1-1/8oz 1145fps)./

I believe GJM had the 14" Entry model, and if I'm not mistaken, the shorter gas guns can be more ammo sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I believe GJM had the 14" Entry model, and if I'm not mistaken, the shorter gas guns can be more ammo sensitive.
    This was an 18, my 14 runs like a top.

This was an 18, my 14 runs like a top.
    I stand corrected.

I think this only reinforces that no manufacturer or model is immune from having issues, regardless of price point and track record. it happens, and all we can do is hope it doesn't happen to our samples.

User Tag List