Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Notes on high round count shotguns from one of the nation's most popular ranges

Site Supporter
    I tinker with Mossberg pumps. I think that the forks are action bars. Mossberg 500 series shotgun parts are drop in. My opinion is that these weapons will fire 1000's of rounds before they can't be rebuilt. I understand that the range owner is reporting his experience, but I don't understand how buying new Mossbergs is cheaper than repairing them. I'm not saying he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I stand corrected.

I think this only reinforces that no manufacturer or model is immune from having issues, regardless of price point and track record. it happens, and all we can do is hope it doesn't happen to our samples.
    I guess that makes me question what Benelli customer service is like? I've had issues with Springfield and Ruger guns but both have amazing customer service so I'll have no issues trying them again.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    I guess that makes me question what Benelli customer service is like? I've had issues with Springfield and Ruger guns but both have amazing customer service so I'll have no issues trying them again.
    Benelli CS is excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I stand corrected.

I think this only reinforces that no manufacturer or model is immune from having issues, regardless of price point and track record. it happens, and all we can do is hope it doesn't happen to our samples.
    Exactly. Things made by man can and will break.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I tinker with Mossberg pumps. I think that the forks are action bars. Mossberg 500 series shotgun parts are drop in. My opinion is that these weapons will fire 1000's of rounds before they can't be rebuilt. I understand that the range owner is reporting his experience, but I don't understand how buying new Mossbergs is cheaper than repairing them. I'm not saying he's wrong.
    I have no doubt it's cheaper for the average person to fix their shotguns rather than buy a new one. But they are a business with various licences and probably buy several at a time from a distributor or through some other channel that most folks don't have access too. Basically, however they're getting them, it's a lot less than what we're used to paying. Plus, it's not just the cost of the parts. There's the downtime of the weapon and the cost of paying their armorer to fix it when he could be fixing something cooler that brings in more revenue. Plus they probably sell the broken ones to their employees or on Gunbroker or something for like $50 a pop, I doubt they're demilling them for bad action bars like they do AK's with bad receivers. Factoring in all that, I can see it being a cost savings for them to just pull out another vs diagnosing and fixing.

User Tag List