Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS AIWB?

I'd love to try AIWB with my 92, but I look at all of Tony's holster options and don't have a clue which would work best for me. I'm 6'2", 205 (that's light heavyweight ), but wear 32" inseam. When I've played around with an old IWB holster, it seems as though I'd need a lot of pistol above the top of my belt to not crush my junk when I sit. Which make me wonder if the pistol would lean out more. Rambling aside, do you just buy holsters until one works or you give up and go back to IWB? Or is there some way to have an glimmer of what will work in advance?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'd love to try AIWB with my 92, but I look at all of Tony's holster options and don't have a clue which would work best for me. I'm 6'2", 205 (that's light heavyweight ), but wear 32" inseam. When I've played around with an old IWB holster, it seems as though I'd need a lot of pistol above the top of my belt to not crush my junk when I sit. Which make me wonder if the pistol would lean out more. Rambling aside, do you just buy holsters until one works or you give up and go back to IWB? Or is there some way to have an glimmer of what will work in advance?
    I'd recommend either the George AIWB or the Wing Tuck AIWB. Both have minimum bulk at the belt line. If you're unsure whether or not you want the holster to "tuck" the grip into your body then I would order the holster with the Neoprene sponge wedge. Try the holster without the sponge wedge, and if the top of the slide seems to flop out over your belt then attach the wedge and trim to fit until it conceals well and is comfortable. I highly recommend a stiff belt, especially for AIWB.
    Shoot more, post less...

Slightly off topic, can a Compact/Elite barrel be used in a full size slide? And if so is there a place to buy just the barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    Alot of people talk about carrying a 92 in AIWB and say it conceals well. I've been poking around this topic for awhile on the web, because the Beretta 92 is one of my favorite guns (though I don't own one). There arent alot of pictures of Berettas being AIWB though. A few, but not many. The number of reputible folks who have done it (or still do) and the number of holster options available make ne think it could be a great choice.

-Cory

A combination of a relatively short for the size grip, rounded back of the slide (with a D hammer) and rear sight that's set forward relative to the back of a slide is what makes it so nice for AIWB. All usual AIWB printing spots are minimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Not used to something big and heavy in your pants?
    Not enough space, already occupied by something big and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Damn, now I feel fat at 6'6" 264.1 lbs.
    Damn, now I feel anorexic at 6'1" and 185.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-23-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Slightly off topic, can a Compact/Elite barrel be used in a full size slide? And if so is there a place to buy just the barrel?
    No on the compact barrel in a standard slide as it is 4.3 inches. Yes on the Elite and Vertec barrels as they are 4.7 inches. The standard 92 barrel is 4.9 for reference.

Brownells has them
    http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod97328.aspx
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 01-23-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    No on the compact barrel in a standard slide as it is 4.3 inches. Yes on the Elite and Vertec barrels as they are 4.7 inches. The standard 92 barrel is 4.9 for reference.

Brownells has them
    http://www.brownells.com/handgun-par...prod97328.aspx
    I will also add that the lug length is different on compact Berettas than full size 92's. (shorter)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I will also add that the lug length is different on compact Berettas than full size 92's. (shorter)
    Good call, i forgot that part!

We just finished T&E on our Keeper for the 92.. It'll be on the website soon!!! It might give my beloved G34 a run for its money!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    We just finished T&E on our Keeper for the 92.. It'll be on the website soon!!! It might give my beloved G34 a run for its money!!!!
    Great news, is that for the Brig/Elite model or the regular 92? Also, I read in the PX4 thread that full size PX4 holsters would be available as well?
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-24-2017 at 08:15 AM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    There arent alot of pictures of Berettas being AIWB though.

96D with fifteen round Mec-Gar. Prints on me with the extended mag but is comparable to a Glock 23 or 19 when using flush 13 rounders. But Glocks print on me out of proportion to their size. My 27 prints as much at the USP compact that replaced it as my belt gun.

User Tag List