Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92FS AIWB?

Beretta 92FS AIWB?

Any guys carry the full size M9/92FS AIWB? How does it ride? I normally carry the 34, but that gets a bit long IMO, however the Beretta is alot more tapered towards then end of the barrel so I was wondering if that helps?

I've been DESPERATELY trying to find a 5 Shot SME for a Beretta 92, but its never been seen on the used market for me to try. I'm thinking of ordering a JM. Would it be necessary to get the "extra tuck" option for this or would the claw suffice?

I have carried a wilson brig tac in a regular JM aiwb, with a foam pad rather than the extra tuck, without issue. I believe the curves and grip length of the 92 are conducive to good concealment for me.

I personally prefer a stiffer belt with it as i find it tends to sag the grip down toward the belt line a bit with a less stiff option. I normally carry with an offset wilderness 5 stitch for polymer guns and switch to an ares ranger when carrying the beretta.

Lot of good info on that thread. I carry a 92G in a JM "The George" holster with a foam wedge. No tuck on that holster.

I thought that a 92 with a D hammer was the most concealable big gun I've carried. I carried a shorter barrel options ad then I switched to a Compact before going back to HK, liked the Compact even better. I used both JM and Shaggy. Didn't like the weight though.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-23-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Didn't like the weight though.
    Not used to something big and heavy in your pants?

All kidding aside, these are some draws with the JM Kydex "The George" (running a 22 conversion kit)

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post554262

AWIB with a Beretta 92 used to be my only choice. I am slender and it worked fine, not that I wouldn't want a smaller or lighter pistol. I did not use "slim fit pants" however..

This is one of the places I actually think the PX4 is better suited than the 92. Lighter weight, thinner, less sharp and you maintain almost the same manual of arms. The fire control system being mostly the same is a big plus.

Alot of people talk about carrying a 92 in AIWB and say it conceals well. I've been poking around this topic for awhile on the web, because the Beretta 92 is one of my favorite guns (though I don't own one). There arent alot of pictures of Berettas being AIWB though. A few, but not many. The number of reputible folks who have done it (or still do) and the number of holster options available make ne think it could be a great choice.

-Cory

User Tag List