Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frio County hired a fake cop to run its jail. Then things got strange.

Site Supporter

Frio County hired a fake cop to run its jail. Then things got strange.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...l-10873072.php

Frio County officials said they didn’t check the background of the 25-year-old consultant they hired to turn things around at their jail, which had been shut down by the state for failing to meet standards in 2015.

They contracted with Jordan Jericho Bautista-Gunter and his obscure Pflugerville firm, at $100,000 a month. The jail was reopened and he seemed to be improving things. A couple of months into the contract, though, he was accused of sexual harassment.
    And then, federal agents arrested him again, accusing him of transporting prisoners on commercial airliners around the country while carrying a gun.
    On Friday, Senior U.S. District Judge David Alan Ezra sentenced Bautista-Gunter to 65 months in federal prison for being a prohibited person who possessed a firearm, and for illegally carrying a gun on a commercial airliner.

A prosecutor said Bautista-Gunter flew with prisoners 21 times. Federal officials did not indicate where the prisoners came from. Bautista-Gunter’s lawyer said he was doing it as a service for Hays County. Hays County officials could not be reached late Friday to confirm it.

How can a 25 year old have done anything long enough to be considered a consultant?

Site Supporter
    My first chief went to prison, a guy I went to the academy with went to prison, a local agency had an officer pawning guns and got caught when he pawned his duty weapon, and the list goes on.

How many people had to screw up for the above to happen?

Reminds me of the kids from Miami that landed that huge DOD contract to supply arms and ammo to the Afghan Army. Bureaucracy at it's finest.

I'm simply amazed that he was able....21 times.....to board a commercial airliner with a firearm and prisoners!

How does someone get away with that?

Put me down as a doubter.....

George
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I'm simply amazed that he was able....21 times.....to board a commercial airliner with a firearm and prisoners!

George
    He didn't exactly get away with it - he was charged and convicted for it in Federal court. Point is it should never have happened.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-23-2017 at 08:46 AM.

Is this a very small department that hired him, perhaps very rural?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post

George
    He probably obtained the requisite information from the department and misrepresented himself.

It's most likely on the department's shoulders..i.e., they believed him, gave him what he needed to conduct business, and he went through with it.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is this a very small department that hired him, perhaps very rural?
    Yes it is, however there plenty of small rural sheriffs offices around here which are honest and squared away. Frio county is .... "special". The only thing which surprised me was him getting a contract like this and there being no mention of him being related to someone in county government.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-23-2017 at 08:59 AM.

They contracted with Jordan Jericho Bautista-Gunter and his obscure Pflugerville firm, at $100,000 a month
    Fuck me. Why am I not a consultant?

https://despair.com/products/consulting
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List