Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
Believe it or not, that helps a lot. In that case I'd get a P320 Compact upper, and you're in business. Alternatively, go whole hog and get a P320 subcompact, and you'll have a very tidy 12 shot package for carry.

As a side note, if you're a new shooter, you should start with basics, and stay close. 3-5-7 yard accuracy drills that allow you to diagnose problems with the fundamentals are likely to be more beneficial than shooting at 15 yards. I'd recommend Dot Torture as a starter, as it will allow you in a series of discreet drills to see what areas are causing you problems (if you have any!)

Best of luck!
Thanks. With the S&W, I'd have a couple fliers out of 10 at just 15 feet and at 25, half would miss the 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper. With the Sig at 45 feet, 15 out of 15 hit the paper with 14 of them within a 3 inch grouping. Twelve out of the 15 were a little low so I need to change how I line up the sights a bit. However, I was taking my time so the I'll start working on my speed during future trips to the range. I shot about 200 rounds through the Smith and have shot about 250 through the Sig.

Someday I may spring for the P320 sub compact. I need a bit more than what I would have paid for the Taurus PT111 though. Actually, a lot more. The gun shop I was going to order the Taurus from agreed I should wait for the Sig.