Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keeping the revolver running...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Back when I carried a revolver as a primary handgun, I carried one or two speed-loaders and 6 rounds in a looped carrier. I found this to be the most workable method to facilitate full or partial loading.

If I were putting a revolver rig together today it would probably utilize JOX pouches and a simple 6 round leather belt slide of some kind.

I like those speedloader pouches! Who makes them?

Dremel'd the grip today and the speedloader works fine now.

Claude's video says to load 2 then assess if loose rounds or speed strips.

Thanks for the feedback and the different options you guys use. I appreciate the knowledge!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I like those speedloader pouches! Who makes them?
    Found the answer: the speedloader pouches are made here: http://www.joxloaderpouches.com/

This pouch is the second very recent example I have seen of something I wish was available when I was carrying a revolver for serious purposes.

Found the answer: the speedloader pouches are made here: http://www.joxloaderpouches.com/

This pouch is the second very recent example I have seen of something I wish was available when I was carrying a revolver for serious purposes.
    I like the jox loader as well, and plan to pick up one when the online store is back up. What is the other item you mentioned?
    Last edited by Willard; 01-26-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I don't have much experience in this but these Ted Blocker Speedloader Clips caught my eye a while back. I like that they can be used to split a speedloader (3 rounds IWB, 3 rounds OWB) to aid in concealment. I'm a pretty thin guy and I have trouble carrying a speedloader.
    It doesn't work worth a damn in my experience - wish it did.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I like the jox loader as well, and plan to pick up one when the online store is back up. What is the other item you mentioned?
    The new Colt Cobra that comes with a fiber optic front sight from the factory. My Detective Special is from the mid 1990's, and the extremely ramped, reflective front sight is completely useless in anything other than absolutely perfect light conditions (aside from being 0.050 inches too short and shooting about 13" high at 25 yards).

One slow strip suggestion - only load 4. Time yourself loading 4 vs 5 with the strip & I'll think you'll find getting that last round in takes a good deal more time than its worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Another vote for the jox pouches. I wore at least one daily for an extended period through EDC, training, and some exaggerated use. They are GTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    One slow strip suggestion - only load 4. Time yourself loading 4 vs 5 with the strip & I'll think you'll find getting that last round in takes a good deal more time than its worth.
    This. I load four and leave the last slot empty.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-26-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

The new Colt Cobra...
    Gotcha...I'm anxiously awaiting as well once there is some confirmed info...I'm reading about light strikes, wondering about MIM components, etc. I hope they turn out, but won't beta test them.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Another vote for the jox pouches. I wore at least one daily for an extended period through EDC, training, and some exaggerated use. They are GTG.
    Thanks. Appreciate the confirmation. I'll be getting at least one when they open the online store opens again.

User Tag List