Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keeping the revolver running...

Those jox pouches look interesting...

I'll try the 2_2 and time it next session. Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by Shootingrn; 01-26-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    One slow strip suggestion - only load 4. Time yourself loading 4 vs 5 with the strip & I'll think you'll find getting that last round in takes a good deal more time than its worth.
    That said, I've never understood the logic of carrying less than 5 on a speed strip; load as many as you have time for -- two, four, or all five. The 2-space-2 thing strikes me as a solution in search of a problem.

Edit: for almost 20 years I carried 6 on a speed strip with a 5-shot revolver, figuring you never know when you might need that 6th round. I eventually decided that the additional finger purchase on the strip afforded by that empty 6th spot was worth more than the admittedly far-fetched 6th additional round...
    Last edited by Joe Mac; 01-27-2017 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    That said, I've never understood the logic of carrying less than 5 on a speed strip; load as many as you have time for -- two, four, or all five. The 2-space-2 thing strikes me as a solution in search of a problem.
    For me, I found four rounds together on a five round strip to be more positive in handling. Best explanation I can muster... Four rounds leaves a finger tab at both ends, to peel whichever two rounds hit the cylinder without fussing. Five can be done, it just wasn't as smooth.
    Last edited by ST911; 01-27-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I use speedstrips mostly loaded two space space two for a total of four.

But when I carry speedloaders I use Ted Blocker speedloader clips. You can carry them entirely inside the belt or half in and out or all the way out.

Last edited by eb07; 01-30-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Mr eb07 rocking SL Variants.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

eb07; what holster(s) in those pics please?

Side note; playing with AIWB recently, I noticed that a J-frame actually prints more than a P2000sk due to the wheel-gun being much shorter and being more easily leveraged outward by my 'girth'.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    eb07; what holster(s) in those pics please?

Side note; playing with AIWB recently, I noticed that a J-frame actually prints more than a P2000sk due to the wheel-gun being much shorter and being more easily leveraged outward by my 'girth'.

-Rainman
    Top one is a blade tech. Nice holster sat too high. Went to galco stow and go on bottom. Low ride. Give up draw speed for concealment.
    Last edited by eb07; 01-31-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Thank you.

-Rainman

User Tag List