Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TTI base pad spontaneous disassembly

I just got off the phone with Landon at TTI. He said that this "does happen from time to time". He said that the cause may be a mag extension slightly out of spec, or sometimes the mag extensions can wear a groove in the plastic of the magazine. He said to send them in, and he would replace the extensions, the magazines, or both. Great service.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I just got off the phone with Landon at TTI. He said that this "does happen from time to time". He said that the cause may be a mag extension slightly out of spec, or sometimes the mag extensions can wear a groove in the plastic of the magazine. He said to send them in, and he would replace the extensions, the magazines, or both. Great service.
    Always nice to hear stuff like that so I can keep sending them my money.

Did he contact you or the inverse?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mark7 View Post
    Can't resist: has that mag been near a G17M recently?
    Damn, beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Did he contact you or the inverse?
    I called him. They have all 3 magazines and base pads now. I'll update the thread when I get them back and practice reloads in my garage again.

Oh, my apologies for the youtube link. I saw in another thread that that is frowned upon. I just thought that it would take up less space than uploading the video directly.

Great customer service, no doubt, but his honesty is proof of why these are inappropriate for carry.

Oh, my apologies for the youtube link. I saw in another thread that that is frowned upon.
    That's news to me.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Great customer service, no doubt, but his honesty is proof of why these are inappropriate for carry.
    Poor quality control and or design though!
    I would hope too that they would have sent OP verified good replacements right after the issue was hashed out during his call in to them, instead of making him wait until the defective ones were returned.

TTI base pad spontaneous disassembly

Magpul Glock mags are similar in price to these extensions. Maybe switch to those? SLG--do you think the Magpuls are GTG? Mine have been 100% so far.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 02-01-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

This happened to 5x of my +0s. TTI took care of the issue.

User Tag List