Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon Accupower 1-8.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Does anyone think that the Trijicon being built in Japan detracts from its quality?
    I think you know the answer:-)

For others who might not...many many highly regarded scopes are made there, regardless of what the package says.

Site Supporter
    How do these LPVs compare to the nightforce 2.5-10x32?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    How do these LPVs compare to the nightforce 2.5-10x32?
    They have less power. :-)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    The higher quality 1-6's like the Kahles, Swaro or even the Vortex still look better edge to edge in clarity, flatness of the image and eye box than even the best 1-8's currently on the market.
    This is a very interesting point, particularly given comments in another thread regarding too much magnification in an optic.

I think I have learned more about optics from a very small number of threads here than from a very large number of threads in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I think you know the answer:-)

For others who might not...many many highly regarded scopes are made there, regardless of what the package says.
    PM sent.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Does anyone think that the Trijicon being built in Japan detracts from its quality?
    Absolutely not! Even Nightforce's new 7-35x56 ATACR has the major components made in Japan which is one of the best new scopes to come out in the past few months.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    This is a very interesting point, particularly given comments in another thread regarding too much magnification in an optic.

I think I have learned more about optics from a very small number of threads here than from a very large number of threads in other places.
    In general, I believe a 6 multiplier will be more forgiving in the eye box than a comparable scope with an 8 multiplier. And I'm glad that even I can help someone learn when I'm learning as well
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

OK, This may be a stupid question...

I've never run a 1x variable glass on anything. I have Accupoint RDS or magnified optics. I do have a low power chicom UTG Bug Buster on a .22 because the parallax at 3x can be set to 10yds and almost works like an RDS.

So, the question is this; are these true 1x when set to 1x? Is there parallax? do they act as an RDS, i.e. see the dot, hit the dot or is repeatable cheek weld still necessary at 1x?
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 02-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post

I've never run a 1x variable glass on anything. I have Accupoint RDS or magnified optics. I do have a low power chicom UTG Bug Buster on a .22 because the parallax at 3x can be set to 10yds and almost works like an RDS.

So, the question is this; are these true 1x when set to 1x? Is there parallax? do they act as an RDS, i.e. see the dot, hit the dot or is repeatable cheek weld still necessary at 1x?
    Depending on the model we're talking about, there's some that are closer to "True 1x" like the Kahles K16i or Swarovski Z6i than others.
    They are relatively parallax free but you also need to take into account the height over bore, especially as it relates to where you zero.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 02-16-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post

Rich,

All scopes need a cheekweld to be effective. Its not a parralax issue, its an eye box and eye relief issue. RDS have neither of those concerns to deal with, which is why they are so much faster for most people. Good technique and practice can reduce that difference to a meaningless amount.

User Tag List